Nighttime walk to forts?

cruisehappi

Our ship docks at 4pm, so realistically I figure we might get off by 5:00. Have always wanted to visit the forts, but they close at 5:00. Can you still walk around the old city walls to the gate in the evenings? Is there any lighting? Are there any parts of the forts you can access at night, or go to gain a view of each fort at night? We're talking September, so not sure when it gets dark there.

You will be off of the ship at 4:00 pm. Yes, walk around the old city walls. Take a left on the pier and follow the walkway. There will be a large water fountain. The water will be to you left. Keep following the path as it goes on the outside of the wall. It is a neat walk at night. You will hear the coki frogs.

Our ship docks at 4pm, so realistically I figure we might get off by 5:00. Have always wanted to visit the forts, but they close at 5:00. Can you still walk around the old city walls to the gate in the evenings? Is there any lighting? Are there any parts of the forts you can access at night, or go to gain a view of each fort at night? We're talking September, so not sure when it gets dark there.

You will easily be off the ship by 401 and at the fort by 415. It is an easy walk. You may not be able to do both though. I would suggest walking to San Cristobel which is closer and touring that one, then walk over to El Morrow for the sunset. It is so pretty at the end of the fort when the sun is sinking in the sky. You can walk all around the outside and last time they even let me in the door after closing so I could use the bathroom, it was still kind of open while they were trying to get people out.