Norovirus compensation?

bobpell

I actually thought that you were asking this tongue in cheek, but now believe you were serious..

My question is: why would you ever think that compensation is due? :confused:

Have not heard of this before.. Do all insurance companies cover the per diem or only certain ones?

Both DH & I were quarantined for two days because of something we had on our last long cruise.. Don't know if it was Noro, or not but had to go to the Medical office for pills..

I even forgot to submit the Medical bill.. If & when it happens again I'll be sure to submit the bill..

Cheers..

Depends what polucy you pick. Ranges from nothing to per diem (can be fixed amount or days part of total fare+travel. Also there can be a max.) upto getting all expensis for full cruise fare and travel reimbursed (with criteria ranging from needing to be sick at least a min. amount of days upto one day out is enough).

On policies this getting full fare etc. back can be standard or an extra premium.

Be aware of the terms and conditions though! It can require a doctors note for instance to get coverage (after all, any fool can say theyve been sick when reality is something else).

Im lucky I guess on that departement. Im Dutch and our travel insurance options tend to be much better coverage for much more affordable rates and no rate increase or excluding of any pre exiting issues as ling as at time of booking you are fit to travel. I pay less than €1 more on my monthly rate (totalling €11 per month for yearlong coverage for all trips less than 120 days per trip, including all medical, travel, evac, cancellation, you name it,,all possible costs if something happens during a trip) to not get a per diem for sick days but a full refund. Having a syndrome that has caused many vacations to have resulted in hospitalisation or roombound, its a godssend. Have been able to repeat many trips this way.

Unfortunatly for those in for instance the US it cant be done this cheap but plenty of statebound friends have dealtvwith this at affordable (statewise) rates. Worth being aware of ALL of the details of a policy, rates and possible add ons or upgrades.

With regards to the original question? Nuts. This is one of those risks of life. You cant jyst always expect others to be responsible to smooth tgings over or compensate when life happens. Get insurance if you want to cover financial risks and get realistic. And debilitating???? Its no picknick but imho debilitating is a whole other level.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn GT-I8190 met Tapatalk

Maybe you get no reimbursement when on a HAL ship but I definitely received compensation when aboard RCCL Rhapsody of the Seas in August 2012 (Alaska cruise) I unfortunately contracted the sickness on the 5th day of the 7 day cruise. On my return I was offered and accepted a £620 ($1000) Future Cruise Certificate valid for 2 years and a cheque for £320 ($520).

I used the cruise certificate last year on a Celebrity Cruise and had a wonderful time.

I agree. Compensation brings to mind the cruise line and not an insurer.

I completely agree with you!

Depends what polucy you pick. Ranges from nothing to per diem (can be fixed amount or days part of total fare+travel. Also there can be a max.) upto getting all expensis for full cruise fare and travel reimbursed (with criteria ranging from needing to be sick at least a min. amount of days upto one day out is enough).

On policies this getting full fare etc. back can be standard or an extra premium.

Be aware of the terms and conditions though! It can require a doctors note for instance to get coverage (after all, any fool can say theyve been sick when reality is something else).

Im lucky I guess on that departement. Im Dutch and our travel insurance options tend to be much better coverage for much more affordable rates and no rate increase or excluding of any pre exiting issues as ling as at time of booking you are fit to travel. I pay less than €1 more on my monthly rate (totalling €11 per month for yearlong coverage for all trips less than 120 days per trip, including all medical, travel, evac, cancellation, you name it,,all possible costs if something happens during a trip) to not get a per diem for sick days but a full refund. Having a syndrome that has caused many vacations to have resulted in hospitalisation or roombound, its a godssend. Have been able to repeat many trips this way.

Unfortunatly for those in for instance the US it cant be done this cheap but plenty of statebound friends have dealtvwith this at affordable (statewise) rates. Worth being aware of ALL of the details of a policy, rates and possible add ons or upgrades.

With regards to the original question? Nuts. This is one of those risks of life. You cant jyst always expect others to be responsible to smooth tgings over or compensate when life happens. Get insurance if you want to cover financial risks and get realistic. And debilitating???? Its no picknick but imho debilitating is a whole other level.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn GT-I8190 met Tapatalk

Thank you for that explanation.. As I said before, I completely forgot to submit the Dr's bill to our Insurance company as it was early in the cruise.. Next time I'll be more careful but hopefully there will not be a next time..