Upgrade from guarantee inside to guarantee balcony?

LoriSan

I booked a guaranteed inside for a trip that leaves Sunday. I already got my cabin assignment, and I'm very happy with its location. However, today I noticed that the guaranteed balconys are only $100 more. Would Carnival allow me to upgrade to a higher guarantee cabin? Would I have to pay change fee?

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

• 2 weeks later...

Really? I called and spoke to two reps would wouldn't let me pay an additional $200 for a balcony upgrade. Said since I did int gty no changes. You lucked out or do you know a magic word?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just upgraded today from Interior to Balcony for my May 4 Valor cruise. I did have to specifically request the rate for the Balcony for the price of an Oceanview sale rate that I found online (going on through tomorrow) because I was originally quoted two higher rates by the phone rep. At least one other person had the same experience, but got it the second time around. Good luck!