Recent Dream Cruisers.

JulesNBama

Sailed the Dream twice. Just got of March 14th. The shows were the best I've seen in awhile. The first 2 (don't remember the names) were new to us. I've sailed 14 times. The 3rd was a country themed show, was not as good as the first 2. The other shows were good also.

My husbands Aunt, was in the guest talent show on the last night as Gloria Estephan. The show is fun to watch. Not very long so shouldn't be bad to see.

Went to the comedy club twice. They were very funny. Wasn't able to get in any other night because it was full.

Of all my complaints about my 2013 sailing of the Dream, the entertainment staff were all top notch. karaoke was a blast, both superstar and regular (altho can someone please get the guy a laptop? I can't believe they were still using a rolling case of CD books! For one of my songs, I didn't have any words or cues show up.) The Legends Auditions were literally one of the funniest nights of my life. You would have had to be there. I think we laughed so hard, we were sore all the next day. The FunForce dancers are always breaking and popping and locking. I kinda felt like the whole week was sailing with America's Got Talent with black and neon style shows. Did enjoy Dancin in the Streets. Had fun being Britney again in Legends, my honey was Ricky Martin, my friend was Aretha. (Her and I had done it before but it is sooooooo nerve wracking the first time. The second time, I had way more fun.)

Anyway that was a year ago when Jamie D was still on and out of Port Canaveral. It might have changed since then. The comedians are always funny but we didn't have as many as previous sailings. Hard working entertainment crew, very fun. Dining and service bombed in comparison.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Forums mobile app

I agree with those above. The entertainment is EXCELLENT. Don't miss "Black Jack Band" in the Ocean Plaza. OUTSTANDING! The shows are Carnival Legends, 8 More Seconds, Love and Marriage Show, Dancin' In the Street, MoTown with Marcus Anthony, and Get Ready. Also, the Welcome Aboard show is the first night. ALL these shows are really, really good, and I'd be hard pressed to name my favorite. (O.K.,,,it's 8 More Seconds.) ;) Catch them all if you can, along with Karaoke, and the rest of the musical entertainment. GREAT entertainment, and Fantastic Cruise.

"SKY"

The first production number is called "8 minutes more" I think or something like that. it is excellent. If one of you is from Alabama ( nickname Bama) you should certainly see it. they have a featured "fiddle" player, and he is excellent. He does 'Rocky top" as well as anyone does, and the Charlie Daniels.."the Devil went down to Georgia"...excellent.

A fiddle of course, is a violin, and the skill involved stuns me.

We had our small grand daughter with us, and we did not get to see as much as we did a bit of babysitting and or doing things she enjoyed.

the second is dancing in the Streets..with fantastic acrobats. they fly them in..The HUMAN FLY! could be the title. They are that good. Divas..the last one......I have seen it, but don't remember it.

We had a good cruise. Laid back. Nice people. Nice staff. Food was good enough to put five pounds on me. Beware of the chocolate chip cookies on the Lido deck. they just jump down your throat.

Happy Sails. from someone who grew up in Muscle Shoals City, Alabama where "Sweet Home Alabma " was recorded at FAME recording Studios. AND one of the movies on Demand in the Cabin is..............The Muscle Shoals Sound. We did not see it. Still kicking my rear end about that.

The first production number is called "8 minutes more" I think or something like that. it is excellent. If one of you is from Alabama ( nickname Bama) you should certainly see it. they have a featured "fiddle" player, and he is excellent. He does 'Rocky top" as well as anyone does, and the Charlie Daniels.."the Devil went down to Georgia"...excellent.

A fiddle of course, is a violin, and the skill involved stuns me.

That is Jimmy who is the lead in BLACKJACK BAND. They play on Deck 5. Amazing. His wife is the vocalist - Melanie.

Thanks for all of the great feedback! I am really getting excited about this upcoming cruise. We are both from North Alabama, Guntersville area, transplanted to Pensacola, FL a few years ago. The real reason was to escape the cold weather of Sand Mountain, but this year we had an ice storm here, dropped down to 16 degrees, almost unheard of for Pensacola.

Thanks again.

Jules

I agree with the others here. The Dream is the best Carnival ship for entertainment. Add that to the great waterslides & everything else, this is my favorite ship. The 2 standard production shows are country themed & motown themed. For those that appreciate those styles, they will greatly enjoy them. For those that aren't big fans of those styles, it may be a hit & miss. I'm not a motown fan, but I have enjoyed that show. My country friends...not quite as much.

Dancing in the Streets takes the production shows to the next level. The Fun Force dancers are a part of that show. They aren't fly-on entertainers, as they are doing plenty throughout the week. But there are 2 very strong men that are fly-ons that will blow you away with their featured number. The whole show is very entertaining. Show up early for good seats!

And like SkyMaster said, don't miss Black Jack Band, playing in the Oceans Plaza on deck 5. They are very friendly & interactive, and play great music. They've been on vacation in recent weeks, but they are now back on board.

I've read nothing but good things about The Blackjack Band....

Does anyone know if they will still be performing on The Dream in November??? I certainly hope so!!!

Mike

When I was on the ship in January, they told me that they would be returning from their next vacation at the beginning of November. So as long as that holds true, I believe that your sailing will be either their 1st or 2nd one back on board. They will be refreshed & ready for another round. For your sake, hopefully that plan won't change.

Edited by k2excursion

Does anyone know if they will still be performing on The Dream in November??? I certainly hope so!!!

Mike

It's a fairly safe bet that they will be aboard. As noted elsewhere, Jimmy Hodge plays the fiddle in the show, "8 More Seconds" so he is a vital member of that entertainment staff. He and his wife, Mel, form the nucleus of "Black Jack", and are both outstanding entertainers. They've been aboard "Dream" for a long time, and with any luck will continue to be there for a long time more. (Just wish "Dream" had stayed in Florida somewhere. I'm gonna miss sailing her out of Port Canaveral!) :mad:

"SKY"

Any recent Dream cruisers have good luck playing slots? If so which ones

Can anyone that has been on the Dream tell me if any of the dining rooms or restaurants are available for lunch on embarkation day?

HA! Good Luck on the slots. They cleaned the lovely Mrs. Jones out! :eek:

I've sailed "Dream" twice in the last two months, and neither time were the dining rooms, or restaurants open for lunch on embarkation day. Sorry 'bout that.

"SKY"

Edited by SkyMaster

I've sailed "Dream" twice in the last two months, and neither time were the dining rooms, or restaurants open for lunch on embarkation day. Sorry 'bout that.

"SKY"

Thanks so much. I guess I'll try the pasta place.

GREAT IDEA! That's actually the very best time to do the pasta place, because most people haven't found it yet, so it's not usually crowded at that time. GOOD THINKING! ;)

"SKY"

Mike

When I was on the ship in January, they told me that they would be returning from their next vacation at the beginning of November. So as long as that holds true, I believe that your sailing will be either their 1st or 2nd one back on board. They will be refreshed & ready for another round. For your sake, hopefully that plan won't change.

Excellent! Thanks for the info!!!

Not that I want to wish my life away.... but I sure wish November would get here sooner!!! :)

Mike

Played the slots in March on the Dream. They are very tight :(. Don't remember the machines.

Someone mentioned the Pasta Bar. It is a very good place to go. The bow tie pasta with the garlic butter and shrimp was great. The meat lasagna was very good. I like that you don't have to wait in a line. I hate to tell all the good spots but now that the Dream is in New Orleans I won't be able to go on her again.

Also, the Martini tasting was a lot of fun. Different flavors of Martinis that I would never have tried. My favorite was the Chipotle Pineapple. The amount that they give you is very generous. :D

• 2 weeks later...
Any recent Dream cruisers have good luck playing slots? If so which ones

First couple of nights I was up $200 playing various slots. Ending up losing all but about $7 back by the last night. Tried 1 more slot, and on 3rd play ended up winning $415.20 (but whose counting!!) - needless to say I cashed out!! The machine wall called "Big Money". It is in the first group of slots to your right as you come in from the shops area. Good luck to you.