Cruising with 19 month old.

RG0414

May 9th we'll be on the Wonder for 4 nights. Our 4.5 year old daughter will have plenty to do. We are looking for tips, comments and suggestions from others who have traveled on this ship with a toddler (boy who is going all the time). Any help would be great. We are planning on bringing a single Graco stroller and an umbrella stroller. We are thinking about trying to get him into Flounder's Reef during dinner a few nights (early seating) so we can sit through the whole meal. He is very well behaved, he acts like a 1.5 year old.

Thanks in advance.

Rich

• 8 months later...

It has been a while since I did this but I will try to answer to my best ability. We went on a Disney cruise with my 5 year old and 2 1/2 year old (girl). She is very easy (not as busy as a boy). I guess the only thing that I can remember as difficult was you need to sign up for child care in advance but you don't know what is going on on board until you get your patters the night before. I would look into whether or not you can get them early. this was our first cruise so we knew nothing about ship life and therefore never got to the adults only side. I would definately do this differently. If you have cruised before you will probably have an idea of when to book. I would do it asap. Castaway Cays was great with the kids. We ended up paying a fortune for buckets and pails so if you have room (ha ha) pack one. Sorry I am not much help!

Jen

• 2 weeks later...

In 2001 we took our then 18 month old on a 4 night cruise. He did great. We only packed a umbrella stroller that reclilned. He was a good baby so we took him eveywhere. We put him in Flounders Reef 1 night and he lasted til 10:30 then we got paged. I was pregnant with #2 so I didn't mind. You are limited to what you can do, if you do not mind that go for it! We enjoyed ourselves. We are planning on taking both on a Disney Cruise in 2006.

Archived