Pick your Perk

joetop2467

We are looking at a 14 day cruise on the Eclipse in January or February 2015. Since we are not big drinkers and airline fees are out of sight, choosing the $600 off airfare option makes the most sense for us. However, I'm not quite sure if this is available on Caribbean cruises at that time. I need an answer quick as this offer only runs for two more days. I've been pricing this cruise and some agents mention it as an option, others don't, and still others say it doesn't apply except for European cruises. Has anyone taken this option. Of course I am aware I have to book my air thru CruiseAir, but one agent gave me some pretty good options that the $600 would practically cover the total for two of us. Also, what do you think will happen after this offer expires on The 15th.

I booked an Equinox cruise on Friday evening, and was told about the $600 discount for air. Normally I book my own air with a company where I get price drop protection, but $600 was too good to turn down. I verified the total price many times with the agent and finally gave the air go ahead. The next morning I printed and checked the invoices - lo and behold, my charge was $600 more than the verbal quote. I called Celebrity and was told that I had been given a senior discount so couldn't get the $600. I was most definitely not told this by the booking agent, although he did ask if we were over 55. I was told that the booking agent was not in, that my situation would be forwarded to the resolutions department but I wouldn't hear anything until Monday. So, ask many questions, verify everything, all discounts and amenities. I did, and it still didn't work out. I will be cancelling tomorrow if they do not honour the original verbal quote.