showers in the gym or spa

Everyone keeps talking about showering in the gym, or is it the spa? How would I do this? There will be me, my husband, my 11yr old son, my 16 yr old son all in same room for the 1st time. Next door will be my sister and her two girls and her husband. It would be nice for us girls to go shower and let the guys get ready in the cabin. a few questions:

1. Is this free to use?

2. Is it in the gym or the spa?

3. Do they look at you strange if you just show up with a bag of toiletries and go shower?

4. Are these showers crowded?

5. Is there space to dress... Im not about to walk around the ship in a robe. just me.

Any answers would make me happy. :-)

I have sailed on both Carnival and Royal Caribbean and have used the showers and not the spas. With Carnival Pride, I was impressed with the showers in the gym. You get overhead spray, and two sprays each on the left and right of your body. It SURE beats the shower in the stateroom. Just go to the spa and ask for a locker key. Once with the key, you have access to the gym locker room. They don't care if you work out or not, because on the Pride, there was a hot tub if you didn't want to work out. Either way, who are they to stop you from taking a shower in the gym. P.S., Don't bring stateroom towels, the gym locker room is stocked with towels to dry off with in the towel bin. :D

Edited by javajunkie59
Gym locker room is free to use and was never croweded.

My suggestion is send your husband and the boys to the locker room to shower and you get the bathroom. I always use the locker room showers and let my wife and daughter get ready in the room.

Yes they are free and I have never seen them crowded.

I always use the showers in they gym (or spa when we book a spa room) while the boys get ready in the cabin. I LOVE the roomy shower and the boys like having me out of the room while they do their thing. Last summer, we were in an aft balcony on RCCL so it was quite a hike to the gym shower. I usually pack a small bag with shower stuff and use the towels that are in the gym shower area - very nice. I then walk back to the room with my hair in a towel and a swimsuit cover up. No one pays you any attention - you are on a cruise! On Carnival in the spa shower area they have hair dryers which makes things much easier. Another fun fact - I usually have the shower area to myself. They really are not used by very many people.

I agree with unionville3. A lot of people including myself use the gym/spa area to shower. I usually use the bathrobe or towel with a tank top or tshirt on (I'm male) to walk back to my room, and no one pays attention or cares. Its a great option especially when there a family in the room, and lets everyone get ready without fighting on who's going to shower next. As noted, I would send the males to the gym showers as its probably much easier, and not as "awkward" for us. Happy sailing!!!!!

My suggestion is send your husband and the boys to the locker room to shower and you get the bathroom. I always use the locker room showers and let my wife and daughter get ready in the room.

Yes they are free and I have never seen them crowded.

I agree. Send the guys. The gals get the room.

I have sailed on both Carnival and Royal Caribbean and have used the showers and not the spas. With Carnival Pride, I was impressed with the showers in the gym. You get overhead spray, and two sprays each on the left and right of your body. It SURE beats the shower in the stateroom. Just go to the spa and ask for a locker key. Once with the key, you have access to the gym locker room. They don't care if you work out or not, because on the Pride, there was a hot tub if you didn't want to work out. Either way, who are they to stop you from taking a shower in the gym. P.S., Don't bring stateroom towels, the gym locker room is stocked with towels to dry off with in the towel bin. :D

Just off the Pride yesterday. I didn't even use the shower in the room, used the Spa one everyday, even on days that I didn't work out.

I don't know about that.... this gal would prefer to have the nice roomy shower in the gym/spa to shave her legs!!::D

I agree!! I would let the boys have the room and I would use the bigger shower. You can always shower there and return to your room to do your hair and makeup. On my upcoming one I have a spa balcony booked so I can use the really nice ones in the spa area. With me sailing with my daughter and her BFF (both 20) I am going to let them have the cabin and I am going to the nice peaceful spa area to shower and do my hair and makeup.