Bloggers cruise??

Cathconnie

Booked on this cruise before it was announced to be a bloggers cruise. Will the "non blogger" cruiser have a different experience than they would if it wasn't a blogger cruise?

Will most venues be open to everyone or limited at times?

This is new to me, so just curious what the experience of the cruise will be like.:)

You can sign up to be a blogger and get all the freebies, and you don't even have to participate if you don't want to. I don't think it cost anything to be a blogger. Just sign up. John Heald will announce when he opens up the sign up process. ;)

Edited by EZ4

There will be a sign up link on John Healds blog. Sign up and enjoy all of the fun extras you will get during your cruise. We booked the Breeze before we knew it was BC6, so we signed up to be part of the bloggers group after the fact. I can say it was the best cruise we have ever been on:)

Booked on this cruise before it was announced to be a bloggers cruise. Will the "non blogger" cruiser have a different experience than they would if it wasn't a blogger cruise?

Will most venues be open to everyone or limited at times?

This is new to me, so just curious what the experience of the cruise will be like.:)

You probably want to sign up to get the free stuff and "invitations" to activities you may or may not wish to attend. The private stuff is nothing more than a bunch of people trying to get noticed. It's as if they are all trying to get baptized into an odd cult.

Edited by Pine Bluff

Please no bashing, but what is a blogger cruise????

No worries - follow John Heald on Facebook and you will get a better idea (he is the head cruise director for Carnival - not sure his exact title). He has a lot of followers (over 50,000) and he asks them a lot of questions and posts funny stuff nearly every day. Once a year, he does a themed cruise and the people who follow his "blog" are the bloggers. I bet it would be fun to attend.

Some months prior to the cruise John will post a registration link on his blog so he will have a count as to how many people to prepare for.

I think most of the special parties are fun but my sister rarely attends any of the events. They are suppose to be private and usually you need to have a special identification (lanyard or card) to gain entrance because seating is limited.

If you are registered as a blogger you will have a special itinerary in your cabin upon embarkation. It will list the special events that are going to take place during the week. The bloggers events are not published in the Fun Times.

I always go because it's usually the only cruise during the year that I get to see some cruising friends that only cruise during the Bloggers cruise. I enjoy the comedy between John and Calvyn, I enjoy the daily Q&A sessions, especially the one's that involve the senior officers answering questions about the behind the scene's operations. It's usually the only cruise that I get to see the comedian Al Earnst.

No worries - follow John Heald on Facebook and you will get a better idea (he is the head cruise director for Carnival - not sure his exact title). He has a lot of followers (over 50,000) and he asks them a lot of questions and posts funny stuff nearly every day. Once a year, he does a themed cruise and the people who follow his "blog" are the bloggers. I bet it would be fun to attend.

Does he even blog any more? I thought it was all Facebook. So it's a Facebook Reader cruise.

Does he even blog any more? I thought it was all Facebook. So it's a Facebook Reader cruise.

That is why I put "blog" in quotations. He uses Facebook as his blog, and yes, those people that follow him are the "bloggers". I guess he just didn't change the name for continuity purposes.

It's probably the most poorly titled theme cruise in history. "Bloggers" indicates people who blog, and no one blogs that is part of that cruise, including the head "blogger" himself. Reading a blog does not make you a blogger, and blogging every few months does not make you one either. I don't know why he even bothers with that page anymore.

I was already booked on my cruise on the Breeze when BC6 was released. I signed up for the Blogger's cruise activities through John's blog at the time in the case that we wanted to attend any of the activities. It was free and we didn't see any reason not to sign up. We didn't any of the activities offered to the Bloggers onboard only because we always seemed to be busy otherwise. We did attend the meet n greet with John on the last sea day & picked up our free t-shirt. There's no harm in signing up...at least you have the option to attend something if you want! Have fun!

IMG_20130202_162402.jpg.8411f0efd3e15e31343d2ad810dca379.jpg

John doesn't update his blog very often when he isn't on a ship and acting as a cruise director. He has said that starting in 2 weeks when he gets to the Miracle he will start posting 3 blogs a week.

I would consider anyone who reads or posts on his blog to be a Blogger. If I read a book doesn't that make me a reader?

John doesn't update his blog very often when he isn't on a ship and acting as a cruise director. He has said that starting in 2 weeks when he gets to the Miracle he will start posting 3 blogs a week.

I would consider anyone who reads or posts on his blog to be a Blogger. If I read a book doesn't that make me a reader?

Your logic is flawed. If you wrote a book, that would not make you a reader. It would make you a writer. Blogging is writing, not reading.

Noun1.blogger - a person who keeps and updates a blog

Your logic is flawed. If you wrote a book, that would not make you a reader. It would make you a writer. Blogging is writing, not reading.

Noun1.blogger - a person who keeps and updates a blog

I guess it just sounds better than what it really is.

GROUPIE

Thank you for the clarification. I added John to my facebook and will continue to follow. It sounds like signing up for the blogger events would be a great idea. Sounds like it would be a great deal of fun whether or not we decide to go to the events.

Thank you again for all of your responses.:)

You probably want to sign up to get the free stuff and "invitations" to activities you may or may not wish to attend. The private stuff is nothing more than a bunch of people trying to get noticed. It's as if they are all trying to get baptized into an odd cult.

maybe you could hold a Cruise With Pine Bluff voyage for all your friends. I would think you could charter a row boat for that and sill have room left over.

I went on the Bloggers cruise 7 and it was my first Bloggers crusie. We had a blast! John is so funny! My husband , who was not so sure about going, had a blast and we are booked for Bloggers 8.

For those who don't like John then don't join the group. If you are sailing at the same time it won't effect you at all.

But for us who love to laugh and have a good time, then join us with the Bloggers 8. :)

Ok the naming of this is very weird. When I first heard of it, I thought it was some Internet media cruise for people who run cruising blogs. I guess that is not the case. Interesting.

Ok the naming of this is very weird. When I first heard of it, I thought it was some Internet media cruise for people who run cruising blogs. I guess that is not the case. Interesting.

I think this is on purpose, only the people following John Heald on FB or his blog would know the real purpose.

Good to know that I am a professional athlete because I attend professional sporting events.

That works. Or "cult member".

Don't use the word Cult on FB, I got my wrist slapped by John.

We booked the Sunshine in Feb before knowing what a Blogger's Cruise was. We still didn't know what it meant but we signed up on JH's website anyways. We got a few cool things...a really nice across the chest backpack, an ugly free t-shirt, and some people got lanyards for their cards but we missed out the first day. There are specially scheduled activities just for the bloggers. We went to a couple of the activities (definitely go to the farewell party...LOTS of free drinks!) but never really participated in any of it.

All in all, I would say it adds to your cruise if you want it to, but it won't hinder the rest of your experience in any way :)