Formal Nights

msbeaurivage

People on Celebrity ships tend to get more dressed up than on other cruise lines. There will be many men in tuxes and ladies in evening gowns.

[img]http://escati.linkopp.net/cgi-bin/countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=00ff00&cdt=2004;3;19;17;0;00&timezone=GMT-0500[/img]

Donuts, is there anything they can't do....

We were on the Western Caribbean last May. My DH just wore a dark suit and fitted in fine. The men can be comfortable in a dark suit or a tux. Both looks good for formal night. On one of the nights I wore a lace pants suit. There were some that was really decked out. It was fun. Really enjoyed the formal nights.

Just back from the May 8th Century sailing. I was not at all impressed with formal night on this cruise. Hardly any tuxes and the women wore clothes I would wear to work or out to dinner. Not that it was bad, it just was not very "formal!" Do NOT stress about wearing a tux....if you enjoy that for the pictures, then go for it. But, most people wore dark suits and they were just fine. There were no fashion police at the door and I did not see any sneers. My best advice is wear what you are comfortable in and if you really don't want to wear a tie, eat at the Sky Bar..it was nice and equally good.

Celebrity Century 5/8/04 -Western Caribbean
Carnival Ecstasy 2/04 - Baja
Tahitian Princess 2/03- French Polynesia
Sea Princess 7/02 - Alaska
Carnival Ecstasy 5/02 - Baja
Royal Caribbean Monarch 10/00 - Southern Caribbean
Carnival Elation 10/99 - Mexican Riviera
Royal Caribbean Monarch 1/97 - Southern Caribbean

<a href="mailto:PrincessOfQAL1@aol.com"> Click here to email me

Archived