Just back from the Carnival Paradise.

jman1972

We just got off the Carnival Paradise and we are here in Clearwater relaxing and I decided to start writing my review of the ship. Embarkation went very smooth we arrived at terminal from the airport at 1100 am and we onboard by 1200 the process went very smooth and there were no issues. Went right to the buffet for my mom, wife, and sons. I chose to go to the pizza pirate. Everything was great. We headed to the cabins at about 1245 and they were ready. Even though this ship is old it is in great shape and is very clean. Dinner the first night was in the destiny dining room and all I can say is the food was outstanding every night. The first night I had escargot and smoked duck breast both were great. For my main course I had grilled tilapia and warm melting cake for dessert it was all excellent. We saw the welcome aboard show on the first night and it had a taste of everything that was coming up on the cruise, it was a great show. usavujav.jpga4enanyb.jpgtubeveha.jpgyna7y7ap.jpg3yvane6e.jpgy2a8ybur.jpghttp://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/04/15

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Our second day on board was the Sea day it went very well got up early and ate breakfast at the buffet then went got some chairs. it was no problem finding the chairs although there are quite a few chair chair hogs. We attending the 8 seconds show and I thought it was an outstanding production. Had dinner in the MDR again for formal night. The lobster and shrimp was awesome. The only negative I have about any of the food was the bitter and blanc I had was just ok. BTW Steve Cassell the cruise director played a mean fiddle and he showed some other talents on the last night. Tomorrow we will be in Cozumel and we are going to Mr. Sanchos. ezubu5aj.jpgbyrehamu.jpg3umasu8a.jpgzu3y9ume.jpg7ebysa2a.jpgedyna7a6.jpg

For some reason, your posts are one long sentence - no wrap, no paragraphs, so the copy is just one loooong line over to the right. Makes it pretty difficult to read, on my computer anyway.

Edited by bailey57

Arrived in Cozumel at the international pier. Weather was great, pretty hot and humid. We took a taxi to Mr. Sanchos it was 32.00 one way for a van and there was 6 of us.

I never have anything bad to say about Mr. Sanchos, the service is always great and the food is tasty. We chose the AI and we all set and drank well. We all went snorkeling and saw a lot of small fish and a few big ones. The next pictures will be from Mr. Sanchos.

uha9a8a3.jpgu8a6eqyn.jpg3e4u6aqa.jpgasa7y5at.jpgurugerun.jpgesyda2a2.jpg

After Mr. Sanchos we took the taxi back to the pier and did a little shopping. My mom bought a bunch of tshirts for cheap. My son bought a pair of "Oakley" sunglasses and my other son bought a wrestling mask. We were the only ship in port when we got there. When we returned there were 4 carnival ships there, the Elation, Paradise, Victory, and Dream. uvyqatav.jpg7ypejuzu.jpgujesymaq.jpghyqe4yme.jpgygere3as.jpgunyre3av.jpg

Sorry about that I am typing the on my ipad. I will do better bailey57.

Lol - sorry, wasn't meant to be critical - just an observation. I actually was able to read it better on my iphone... curious thing that. Anyway, sorry! :D

I am liking your review very much:)

Paradise was my first- now I am hooked on cruising.

I also love Cozumel as a port stop...so many options there.

I have been to Mr. sancho's a few times and have never been disappointed.

Lately I have been recommending the Cozumel Bar Hop. (Not a Carnival excursion). It gives you a chance to see the 'other side' of Cozumel.

Thanks for posting the review with all of the great pictures!

We love the Paradise and are sailing on her in June with the kids and grandkids. While we love the larger ships for the longer itineraries, we think the Paradise is perfect for those 4 and 5 day cruises out of Tampa.

Never fails to thrill me when we sail under the Sunshine Skyway bridge with only a few feet to spare. The moment we pass under the bridge is when the cruise really starts!

Mr. Sancho's was a lot of fun! Never without a drink--they came until I asked to please just bring water!! Food was good too.

I had mixed feelings about Mr. Sanchos. May have been an off day, but our server wasn't very attentive and I ended up getting several of our drinks.

I was disappointed in the nachos that were just a plate of chips with ambient temperature canned pseudo cheese glopped over the top. Chicken tacos and fish tacos were good though.

Frozen drinks were overly sweet, but that may just be my tastes. The tamarind margarita was good, definitely worth a try.

Margaritas on the rocks were downright dangerous; swim-up-bar bartenders were basically serving glasses of tequila with a splash of margarita mix. Just the way I like them... :D

BTW don't expect Florida Panhandle soft sand on the beach. The sand there is much more coarse. Not a big deal, just be aware of what to expect.

Still, we had a good time and would probably go back again.

Edit: the nice thing with Mr. Sanchos is the ability to reserve online for a low deposit then not pay until you arrive, with what seems to be a full "out" if for some reason you decide not to go.

Edited by dd2355

Arrived in Cozumel at the international pier. Weather was great, pretty hot and humid. We took a taxi to Mr. Sanchos it was 32.00 one way for a van and there was 6 of us.

I never have anything bad to say about Mr. Sanchos, the service is always great and the food is tasty. We chose the AI and we all set and drank well. We all went snorkeling and saw a lot of small fish and a few big ones. The next pictures will be from Mr. Sanchos.

esyda2a2.jpg

love those swings. sat there for a long time enjoying drinks at Mr. Sanchos

I am slowly putting together an itinerary for my Girl Scout's last trip before they graduate! We are looking at this exact itinerary and ship for next May of 2015. Can you tell me more about Mr. Sanchos? Is it only food/drinks or is there a beach area? We are looking for an inexpensive Cozumel option. Thanks! I'm enjoying your review!!:D

Yes there is a very nice beach. If you do the all inclusive option you get all you can all you can eat and drink. That also includes snorkeling equipment, and kayak usage.

After Mr. Sanchos and Cozumel we got back on board in time to take a little nap and get ready for dinner. This night I had wild mushroom soup for my starter and jerk pork loin for the main course. For dessert I had tiramisu. Everything was top notch again. After dinner we went to the show which was a 2 parter. The first part was a juggling act by cruise director Steve Cassell. It was really cool and very well done. The 2nd half of the show was breakdancing by fun force. They put on a great show and we all really enjoyed it. epyzunyv.jpgqe7atuty.jpgenyde9eh.jpg9uze9uga.jpgpubuzyne.jpgdyhajy4a.jpg

Last sea day went well other than being depressed that the cruise was over. Relaxed all day on deck, played some mini golf. We ate in the MDR again on the last night. Our meal was complete with a surprise complimentary bottle of wine from my PVP, we enjoyed it so much we ordered another one. I had the sushi for a starter and mahi mahi for my main course. I ended my cruise with the chocolate melting cake. Once again the food didn't disappoint it was superb

Debarkation day. Arrived back in Tampa on time it take a little bit to clear customs for some reason. Steve Cassell made an announcement that they had some unforeseen issues. We started debarking at 9:30 out group was called at 10:00. Went through customs without any problems. Took a taxi to the rental car place as we planned to,spend 2 extra days in Clearwater. I will finalize everything is the next post.