QE Laundry Question

thepoint

I have heard that there have been a couple of times that the laundrette has run out of soap. If you use fabric softener dryer sheets you provide your own. There has always been soap when I have been in the laundrette but I brought my own.

I have heard that there have been a couple of times that the laundrette has run out of soap. If you use fabric softener dryer sheets you provide your own. There has always been soap when I have been in the laundrette but I brought my own.

Yes , The Containers can run out, however if you mention to the nearest steward/stewardess it will get replenished. If not go and grab some from another deck.

First time on Cunard. Is laundry soap provided, or do you have to purchase it on board? Is it a special soap that must be used or can you bring on your own (scent free)? Thank you for your help.

Be aware that when they say locked up at 8pm it will be until the next morning.

I use their soap but break it open and only use half if you don't want to use any I am sure there is enough residual in the machine, after all how dirty will the clothes be ;)

According to Cunard, the soap provided free of charge in the laundrettes are specially formulated for the ships sewage/disposal system. So Cunard advises not to use your own brought on detergent. Also, the plastic bags need not be torn apart when tossed into the washing machine. The bag dissolves in water, but I always tear the bag apart and sprinkle the detergent onto the bottom of the washing machine drum before dumping the clothes in.

On an earlier cruise on QE in August 2013, I saw a lady come into the laundrette and take away several packets of detergent to add to a load she already had. I guess what she was doing was going from deck to deck and taking some, but not all, of the detergent packets for use outside of the ship.