Carry-on luggage & 12-packs

amber381

Question- If you are boarding the ship with your carry-on luggage & 12-packs of sodas and your room isn't ready for quite sometime after you board the ship, what do you do with your stuff? Just carry it around with you? Is it uncommon for your room to not be ready for sometime after you board the ship? First-time cruiser & I'm not planning on purchasing FTTF, so just wondering. Thanks! :p

Question- If you are boarding the ship with your carry-on luggage & 12-packs of sodas and your room isn't ready for quite sometime after you board the ship, what do you do with your stuff? Just carry it around with you? Is it uncommon for your room to not be ready for sometime after you board the ship? First-time cruiser & I'm not planning on purchasing FTTF, so just wondering. Thanks! :p

I think it depends on what time you plan on boarding the ship. Rooms are ususally ready around 1:30pm. Prior to that we usually find a table and drop all of our stuff down and take turns going to the buffet for lunch and then just hang out with a DOD (Drink of the Day) until rooms are ready.

Enjoy your first cruise - you will become addicted like the rest of us after just one cruise!

Note - have an open mind, have fun and go in knowing that not everything will be perfect but remember it is how you react to things that will make or break your cruise....it is a wonderful experience if you just relax and enjoy the ride!

Happy Cruising!

Tammi

We head up to the lido, find a place to sit. Last cruise we had 32 family members. We found a table on the lido deck next to a corner and just set it there. We took turns fixing our food. Someone was always there to watch the stuff. They announced that the rooms were ready about 12:30.

We head up to the lido, find a place to sit. Last cruise we had 32 family members. We found a table on the lido deck next to a corner and just set it there. We took turns fixing our food. Someone was always there to watch the stuff. They announced that the rooms were ready about 12:30.

Our last cruise we had FTTF, but prior to that we took it with us to Lido as the poster noted above, and we took turns fixing the food, or someone grabbed the item for the person watching the items left at the table. We also tend to find someplace on deck, out of the way so that the bag(s) are not in the way of those walking by.

We've done what the others have suggested. Find a table up on lido deck, & take turns getting food. We might switch to deck chairs in the sun after eating. It works out great. Save your full ship tour until after 1:30, the most common time that rooms are ready.

If possible, I would also put the sodas into a rolling suitcase. Just in case you didn't know, you can carry on suitcases larger than airplane carry-ons. 24" suitcases are okay to carry on, and most ports are okay with you carrying on even larger than that.

First of all I hope you have a wonderful cruise. There is nothing like your first one! So exciting!!!

Just FYI one poster stated your carryon could be larger than the airport allows.....I would not count on that. I see you will be going out of Port Canaveral and that is the one terminal I was denied taking a carryon they thought was too big. I had measured it at home and was sure it met the requirements but was turned away at the door of the terminal and made to go back and give it to the porters.

A normal carryon is fine but I would not try anything larger.......

We usually have roll on type carry ons that we take our things that we might need before our luggage arrives. Go to Lido and eat then up on deck and just take our stuff with us. For our June cruise we have booked FTTF so we can drop off things earlier. But all in all, it has not been a big deal for us to keep it with us.