Kids on board/how many?

Is there anyway to find out how many kids will be on board. Before I get flamed - I LOVE KIDS... ;)

We are taking the Serenade out of Puerto Rico for Easter and was wondering if there would be a lot of kids onboard. I have two girls so I know they will keep each other company. They met some nice friends on our last cruise that they still keep in touch with. After reading some of the posts on here today, it seems like PR as a departure city would have less kids onboard. Just curious. Thanks for your help.

Not sure about RCCL but on Princess the customer service rep could always tell us how many were on board. Easter is spring break so I'm sure you'll have lots and lots of kids.

Princess limits the number of children which is terrific! This is why they can give you that info.

I am sorry to say that RCI does not. The worst cruise ever was spring break on Enchantment a few years ago where there were over 900 kids aboard (2400 max capacity) and the problems were so out of control that by day 3 the Purser refused to take any more complaints. They actually put up a sign saying they were doing all they could but it was the parent's responsibility to control their children. It was truly awful; they were in the adult only areas with no supervision, racing through the dining room at dinner, pushing every button in the elevator and sitting AT THE BAR at the Champagne Bar.

The staff and management did nothing.

I am an RCI fan in general but this was unacceptable. I will never do another spring break cruise again.

CG

During the summer and holidays there will be a LOT of kids, cruising out of PR makes no difference at all in my experiences.

You may like kids NOW, but just wait until you get back from a holiday cruise! :D

When we were on the Splendor last year for Spring Break, I asked the Adventure Ocean staff how many kids were on board. They told me there were 492. Since we had 2000 passengers, I expected every fourth person I was going to see would be a child. It certainly wasn't the case. Nor was Adventure Ocean "Standing Room Only". (Can you imagine 492 kids in Adventure Ocean all at the same time?)

I reasoned later that they are counting everyone under 18, and the vast majority of the older young people are so well behaved you can't distinguish them from the young people that have passed their eighteenth birthday. We had a wonderful cruise, with no horrible experiences to relate of children who didn't know how to behave.

Rest assured, your kids will find plenty of new friends.

I agree with Emeraldcity! We were on the Explorer in June. Over 900 kids on board! I know, I know, it sound like a TON, but we would have guess about 150 because you never saw them! Really!! Our waiter told us they were expecting 1200 kids on the sailing after ours.

I don't think its the NUMBER of kids that matters, its the BAD kids that matter. And that boils down to parents take responsibilty!

Archived