Wi-Fi on the Ship??

doc617

I will be on the Conquest in July.

I am planning on bringing my NOOK to check my Email.

Can I connect my device to the ships internet?

If so, what are charges and how do i connect?

Is there any hope of getting decent connections speeds on the ships? We had no wifi on Pride a couple weeks ago. I wondered if anyone with 3G was able to access the internet on any of the ships? Thank goodness we knew where to go to get connected on land!

I am a student doing online courses and on my last 2 cruises had to take school work with me. I find the internet to be ok. I have been able to submit assignments and even took part in a live chat for a few minutes. For email it should be fine but free in port is always better. I didn't want to have to take my computer off the ship though.

I was surprised on the Sunshine. We were on deck 7 aft and the service was very good and a lot faster then any ship we have been on. I was even able to download a few pics without waiting long, maybe 8-10 seconds a pic.

It sure was not the norm, don't know if Sunshine has a better system, or just got lucky... probably lucky..:p

I am a student doing online courses and on my last 2 cruises had to take school work with me. I find the internet to be ok. I have been able to submit assignments and even took part in a live chat for a few minutes. For email it should be fine but free in port is always better. I didn't want to have to take my computer off the ship though.

I'm also an online student, and the ships service is ok, but slower than on land of course. On our Breeze cruise once we found out the best times (early in the morning), and best locations (front/mid ship near satellites) to get service, we were fine with logging on and completing assignments, or doing research.

I was on the Liberty in Jan 2013 and it was ok, but the absolute worst time is when everyone is trying to check into flights the evening before. I had southwest so I really did want to check in the day before to get an early boarding assignment, otherwise I wouldn't have cared. Next time I'll just ask a family member to do it for me. NOT WORTH IT!!! By the time I had checked my husband and I in on our flights I had incurred well over $40 worth of internet fees because I was paying per minute and I was so slow that evening. Everyone in the internet cafe was complaining about it that day...

Is there any hope of getting decent connections speeds on the ships? We had no wifi on Pride a couple weeks ago. I wondered if anyone with 3G was able to access the internet on any of the ships? Thank goodness we knew where to go to get connected on land!

3G has nothing to do with your wifi connection.

Ive said this before and will say it again. I would go on 3-5 cruises a year vs the 1 or 2 I go on now if Carnival ships had internet that worked worth a damn. I am a small promotional products business owner who deals with large art files on a daily basis. I simply can not conduct business on board a Carnival ship. I honestly think that if CCL offered an affordable fast connection, they would see more people like myself cruise more often.

Just my 2 cents ...