Review - Freedom of the Seas March 30 - April 6, 2014 - TONS OF PICS!

Motleu

For those interested in the compasses and port info, I've taken all of Motleu's scans and put them into a Google doc. Two things to note:

1) I've left out all of the teens/ kids guides. Sorry folks, but I was working on self interest, and the SO and I are taking a similar trip sans little ones. I've also left out most of the ad pages.

2) The doc loads best in Chrome. IE seems to hate the page, so it may look funny in said browser. Also, takes a bit to load, since it's a collection of images.

That said, here's the link!

For those interested in the compasses and port info, I've taken all of Motleu's scans and put them into a Google doc. Two things to note:

1) I've left out all of the teens/ kids guides. Sorry folks, but I was working on self interest, and the SO and I are taking a similar trip sans little ones. I've also left out most of the ad pages.

2) The doc loads best in Chrome. IE seems to hate the page, so it may look funny in said browser. Also, takes a bit to load, since it's a collection of images.

That said, here's the link!

Wow! Thanks for doing this - looks fantastic! I may have to give that a try next time. Have a great cruise!

• 2 weeks later...

Motleu,

Thank You for posting these!!! Me and the Kids cruise June 8th and these have made the planning so much easier! Know you spent a lot of time doing this so I thank you personally an know many other future cruisers on this itinerary thank you.

Ironically we just found out that the kids best friends grandparents/almost god parents are cruising on the same date! How Ironic. Fun Fun Fun! Can't wait!

Fitsea, Thanks for grouping in google docs!!

Divindave...

Edited by divindave

Very much enjoyed your review. Absolutely loved the photos....great job documenting your cruise. My family will be on Freedom in August doing the same itinerary, so this was extremely helpful.

Question......where are the ice cream machines located? With my two children, I'm sure we'll be frequenting that a lot. :D

Question......where are the ice cream machines located? With my two children, I'm sure we'll be frequenting that a lot. :D

Yes, I too need to know. Not because I'm traveling with children, but for... science...

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Very much enjoyed your review. Absolutely loved the photos....great job documenting your cruise. My family will be on Freedom in August doing the same itinerary, so this was extremely helpful.

Yes, I too need to know. Not because I'm traveling with children, but for... science...Sent from my iPad using Forums

Bballmom42 - Thanks for reading! Appreciate your comments. The soft serve machines are smack dab in the middle of the walkway, I believe on the starboard side if I am oriented correctly, between H2O Zone and the main pools. It is hard to describe the exact area but I will try to find a pic that may show it. I don't think I took an actual picture of the machine but I will review the pics and see if I did.

Motleu,

Did you ever happen to find Day 6 of Adventure Ocean compasses? The main thing I was wondering is if the evening session was a pajama party/movie night for the kids. I saw that it was on a AO compass from February, wanted to know if they continued it. Do you remember if your kids did that (Age 9-11 is the age group I'm interested in).

Thanks!

Michelle

Thanks so much for your fantastic review. I truly appreciate the time and effort it must have been for you.

We are doing this cruise in September as part of our trip from Australia. It's so exciting to see your photos, my DH and girls (16 and 9) have enjoyed reading along too.

Thanks again,

Liz

Motleu,

Did you ever happen to find Day 6 of Adventure Ocean compasses? The main thing I was wondering is if the evening session was a pajama party/movie night for the kids. I saw that it was on a AO compass from February, wanted to know if they continued it. Do you remember if your kids did that (Age 9-11 is the age group I'm interested in).

Thanks!

Michelle

Michelle - Unfortunately I do not have day 6 specifically. But if you look at post #230 that is where I imaged the "cruise in review" flyer from AO. They do list a pajama party for the 9-11 year olds but they do not specify a day. I hope somebody can chime in with that info! Sorry I couldn't be of more help!

Great review, ? for you what is the area with the covered loungers , and the padded chairs?? thanks...........B

The covered loungers and padded lounger used to be reserved for suit guests only. I am not sure if that is still the policy but I do know that you can rent that area (it includes the whole row - usually a couple padded loungers, a covered lounger, a table and 2 chairs) for $250 ( I am guessing that is a daily charge). They are referred to as "cabanas" or "on board cabanas" depending on who you ask.

Thanks so much for your fantastic review. I truly appreciate the time and effort it must have been for you.

We are doing this cruise in September as part of our trip from Australia. It's so exciting to see your photos, my DH and girls (16 and 9) have enjoyed reading along too.

Thanks again,

Liz

Have a great cruise and thanks for the nice comments!

Michelle - Unfortunately I do not have day 6 specifically. But if you look at post #230 that is where I imaged the "cruise in review" flyer from AO. They do list a pajama party for the 9-11 year olds but they do not specify a day. I hope somebody can chime in with that info! Sorry I couldn't be of more help!

No problem, I will find out in person in less than 2 weeks!! Thanks for all of your work on this, and I can't wait to cruise and then submit my own review!!

Do you have a copy of the internet prices? I'm doing some research for a friend that will be sailing soon. :)

I will see if I have that somewhere. I suspect it is in one of the compasses or the welcome aboard sheet.

• 4 months later...