4 Night on Imagination

JoKen1

Has anyone done the 4 night to Baja Mexico from Long Beach?

I'm taking my girl scout troop and was wondering how the ship is and what the crowd is like.

This is my first time on Carnival and I've heard they are more of a party cruise going on the 3 and 4 night trips.

I'm sort of worried about this. My girls are 13 years old.

I'll be going on her in two weeks, but if she's anything like the inspiration, you'll enjoy it. It's a fairly small ship which makes it easy to get around, lots of activities, they can go to the teen clubs during the day. One elegant night to play "dress up", and two shows with more "classic rock" music ( the stuff we listened to when we were that age)! You might even find some activities for them to earn badges.

62A3E603-7A66-4F5C-9E63-9AEB6207FF5F_zpsn4khds3g.jpg

We took a 4 day Imagination cruise to Key West and Cozumel and while the majority crowd was noticeably younger (18-20 something's) they weren't rowdy and there was a fun vibe on the ship. There were still plenty of older people too and families so I think your group will be fine. We really liked the Imagination.

Have you booked the cruise?

Check with your local council about trips to a foreign country. Also check for any special rules the adults must abid by, especially regarding alcohol.

And check with Carnival about requirements for adults in the cabins. There are different rules when traveling with children not your own.

Need to confirm that all the girls have proper ID, travel insurance and spending money.

For port info look on the West Coast and Mexican Riviera boards.

Usually the four-day cruises are a bit mellower than the three day ones, but not always. Depends on the crowd.

I just came back from the same cruise except on the Carnival Inspiration (Imagination's sister ship).

The ship had a lot of young kids and teenagers. It was loud at times, but super fun. It's really what you make of the trip.

It was a party cruise to say the least but compared to a Royal Caribbean cruise I've taken in the past doing the same itinerary, Carnival cruise was a very tame cruise.

Don't worry, y'all will have a fantastic time! :)

Bon Voyage!

Thanks to all that posted a reply. I've been reading up on reviews and I think we will have a great time.

We are doing the 4 night cruise and leaving on a Sunday so that should cut down on some of the party crowds, I hope.

I have checked all the girl scout rules and have been approved to go on this cruise so we are all set. Yes, insurance bought too :D

We have several cabins booked and one adult in each cabin. However, once on board we were told we can move people around so we may let the girls enjoy their own cabins and have the adults stay together. All the rooms are next door to each other though.

All of my girls going are very mature and we have traveled a lot in our troop with no problems ever so I do trust them.

We have set down rules with the girls and have all paperwork signed by parents and kids and we are ready to go.

The girls are super excited and I'm looking forward to seeing what Carnival has to offer.

Hopefully, you read my review from Feb entitled 'Had a great time". The 4 night cruise which sails during the week (not over the weekend) is not the same rowdy booze cruise as the 3 day counterpart. I'm confident you and your group will have a fantastic time. Enjoy yourselves and don't worry!