Visa Signature Card Complimentary Upgrade Offer

No, I did not. The 10,000 points is only if you open a new card, not upgrade one you already have.

Ok, thanks for providing that info MNfamilycruiser...I was aware that the 10k points was only supposed to be for new accounts, but then Arizona Cruz Chic had also mentioned that she was told she would still get the points even for an upgrade (back in post 19 of this same thread).

Arizona Cruz Chic...if you are still monitoring this thread, can to share if you did in fact get those points, or not, for upgrading your card?

Thanks! :)

Offer not well vetted. It surprises me and also show me how little Bank of America and Royal Caribbean care about there customer.

All travel must be booked with Promotions in Travel LTD. There are not any good reviews for this place, most reviews state terrible to deal with and a scam. The company uses zones for travel least expense zone $300.00+ intrastate California.

Has anyone booked travel using the so called BOA upgrade????????

Is so please post your experince.

Just throwing my hat into the ring.

The promo is nearly worthless, and MAY get you 10-15% off the price of 2 tickets when it is all said and done. I still use my card (Signature Visa) for nearly all spending, but not to get that voucher.

I get a yearly BOGO from my Delta Skymiles AMEX that is actually BOGO, and therefore much more valuable.

I'd rather book my preferred airline (Delta or Southwest) and get perks I can use, rather than get 10% off and potentially having to pay for checked baggage.

Ok, thanks for providing that info MNfamilycruiser...I was aware that the 10k points was only supposed to be for new accounts, but then Arizona Cruz Chic had also mentioned that she was told she would still get the points even for an upgrade (back in post 19 of this same thread).

Arizona Cruz Chic...if you are still monitoring this thread, can to share if you did in fact get those points, or not, for upgrading your card?

Thanks! :)

Here I am.....no points yet, simply because we just received the new cards today and still in the envelope and needs to be activated.

I copied and pasted from the T&C (terms and conditions) of the Signature visa regarding the 10,000 bonus points.

Bonus Points Offer. You will qualify for 10,000 one-time new Cardholder Bonus Points in addition to your basic Points if you use your new credit card account to make at least one transaction that posts to your account no later than 65 days after the account after the account is opened. This one-time promotion is limited to new customers opening an account in response to this offer. Other advertised promotional bonus points offers can vary from this promotion and may not be substituted. Bonus Points are credited to your account approximately 6-8 weeks after you qualify and they will count towards your maximum Yearly Points earnings limits. The value of this reward may constitute taxable income to you. You may be issued an Internal Revenue Service Form 1099 (or other appropriate form) that reflects the value of such reward. Please consult your tax advisor, as neither Royal Caribbean, Bank of America, its affiliates, nor their employees provide tax advice.

If you go to the RC site-click on ALL ABOUT CRUISING- find the link to the Visa Signature card...you'll find an application...scroll down all the way to find the T&C....I've read and re-read all of it. :eek:

Here is what happened to us. We got the invite, I call, they say "oh yes, your revolving credit line limit will be at least as much as what you currently have on your Platinum Visa". Well, we got the new cards and the credit line available was about a 5th of what our credit limit is on our Royal Platinum cards. so I called, they could not explain it, I said "don't activate it, I will keep my Royal Platinum card". So make sure you really know the details, what they say and what it is - 2 different things.

Here is what happened to us. We got the invite, I call, they say "oh yes, your revolving credit line limit will be at least as much as what you currently have on your Platinum Visa". Well, we got the new cards and the credit line available was about a 5th of what our credit limit is on our Royal Platinum cards. so I called, they could not explain it, I said "don't activate it, I will keep my Royal Platinum card". So make sure you really know the details, what they say and what it is - 2 different things.

Ours did not change....sorry yours did. :confused: :eek:

We still haven't activated it yet.

Here I am.....no points yet, simply because we just received the new cards today and still in the envelope and needs to be activated.

I copied and pasted from the T&C (terms and conditions) of the Signature visa regarding the 10,000 bonus points.

Bonus Points Offer. You will qualify for 10,000 one-time new Cardholder Bonus Points in addition to your basic Points if you use your new credit card account to make at least one transaction that posts to your account no later than 65 days after the account after the account is opened. This one-time promotion is limited to new customers opening an account in response to this offer. Other advertised promotional bonus points offers can vary from this promotion and may not be substituted. Bonus Points are credited to your account approximately 6-8 weeks after you qualify and they will count towards your maximum Yearly Points earnings limits. The value of this reward may constitute taxable income to you. You may be issued an Internal Revenue Service Form 1099 (or other appropriate form) that reflects the value of such reward. Please consult your tax advisor, as neither Royal Caribbean, Bank of America, its affiliates, nor their employees provide tax advice.

If you go to the RC site-click on ALL ABOUT CRUISING- find the link to the Visa Signature card...you'll find an application...scroll down all the way to find the T&C....I've read and re-read all of it. :eek:

Unfortunately some of us responded to a mailing or email that didn't mention the 10,000 bonus points. We got an offer to upgrade :( I knew I should have waited and checked it out more. Well, we only did one of our two BoA RC Visa's - maybe I can follow the link for the second card.

Thanks for the update...I'm sure you'll let us know if you do eventually get the points, or not! :D

I'm still on the fence regarding if I'll take the upgrade or not.

:rolleyes:

Edited by quantumleap
Typo

Thanks for the update...I'm sure you'll let us know if you do eventually get the points, or not! :D

I'm still on the fence regarding if I'll take the upgrade or not.

:rolleyes:

I will post on that. I was told it takes a few weeks to show up on your statement, so we shall see. :rolleyes:

I can understand your being on the fence over it.

Got my new cards the other day. I didn't know about the 10,000 extra points. That's a good thing. DH uses it for gas so should be able to get our $3,500.

I emailed a question today about the 10,000 pts. - we don't know if it applies if you simply followed directions for the offer you received to UPGRADE rather than applied for a new card. The upgrade offer comes with a registration code to use - no application necessary. The link on the RC website is to apply for a card I believe.

Someone on this thread talked to a person at RC...I'll have to go back and read - they may have gotten the points by specifically asking about them.

• 4 weeks later...

My husband and I both have the Visa Platinum card . He got the letter about the upgrade and I was considering it but not for the airfare , which sounds like a hassle. Now today I got an e mail about applying for a Visa Signature card and it includes the 10,000 bonus points good for $100.00 onboard credit.

I hate having so many credit cards ! We do pay them off monthly but still ! I will no doubt apply ! :)