In Room Coffee Makers

DShock

I was thinking the same thing -- we are booked in a Jr Suite on the Grandeur (our first one) and I read there was a coffee/tea maker. It would be great to have more details so I can bring the right caffeine supplies.

Just my take, they're good for little more than making mildly hot water. Any prepackaged filters should work. I think they are two cups. We usually just get a pot of coffee from room service. If that's all you want they are usually pretty quick.

Enjoy your cruise.

It is a small coffee maker similar to the ones in hotel rooms. They will provide a filter pack of coffee but it is too large for the coffee maker. You would think that since they started putting these coffee makers in rooms several years ago they would have the right size pod to make coffee.

We bring our own one cup pods ( Maxwell house makes them) and that makes a great cup of coffee. The coffee is always hot. You cannot use the Keurig type of small cups. You will need a small round pod of coffee.

You should also have a kettle in your room (JS and above) to boil water for tea.

Edited by dixieva

I was thinking the same thing -- we are booked in a Jr Suite on the Grandeur (our first one) and I read there was a coffee/tea maker. It would be great to have more details so I can bring the right caffeine supplies.
We had 2 beverage makers in our Grandeur JS last month. Unfortunately, we never used them, so I can't help you. We kept popping into the Diamond Lounge to get cappuccino and espresso. You can run the machine twice to get a full cup. Not as convenient as having it in your cabin, but very tasty! Edited by CaroleSP

I always go to the Concierge Lounge for my morning coffee but my wife prefers to make hers on her schedule. Thanks for the info, I'll take some small Starbucks pods.

One final question, with the liquor store being in the Pan American terminal...with it being right there where you board is Royal Caribbean more tolerant of you taking a couple of six packs of beer on board?

Edited by DShock

I always go to the Concierge Lounge for my morning coffee but my wife prefers to make hers on her schedule. Thanks for the info, I'll take some small Starbucks pods.

One final question, with the liquor store being in the Pan American terminal...with it being right there where you board is Royal Caribbean more tolerant of you taking a couple of six packs of beer on board?

We bought 1L bottles of water on board back in January, and they wanted to see the box to make sure it was not rum.

They will have one deaf and one regular coffee pack. But they are too large for the small pot. If you are able to cram it in there your cup of coffee is going to be really strong. And the pots we have had will not hold two cups of water, only one at a time.

Your room steward will keep you supplied with the coffee and cream/ sugar.

This is one of those dumb questions. The coffee maker in the OS suites. What kind of filter packs does it use. We want to pick up the appropriate Starbucks ones...ones that fit and work in it.

How many coffee packs are there? Do they replenish them?

In JS and above they have Coffee pots in the rooms. (Not sure about balcony as we haven't stayed in a balcony.) Our last times on Grandeur and Vision the coffee was Seattle's Best in the pee-packaged filters. They give you decaf and regular coffee. Some times we would only get regular or only decaf! :( They do supply the creamer and several types of sugar. The pots are the 2 cup type that hotel/motels have in the rooms.

We like Seattle's Best so it is ALL good for us. :D

Edited by Tropicalgal2

Just off the Oasis and we stayed in a Grand Suite. We made the mistake of putting water in the coffee maker and having it come out the holes in the back all over the counter. We know the pack was way too big to brew one cup into the mug. We took home a package, just to see how much was in it. We measured out 5 scoops in the filter pack. Thats enough for a 10 cup pot. Boy that would make one heck of a strong cup of coffee.

We had room service bring it each morning.

Edited by betmust

Yep that what happens when you add more than one cup of water to those small machines. We had friends on our last cruise who tried that and found out it didn't work.

It's an easy fix if only the cruise line would provide the correct small one cup pod of coffee. Oh well, maybe one day they will get the idea.

I have said that one time I am going to take the coffee maker and that huge pod of coffee to guest relations and ask them to show me how to make coffee with what is provided. I'm going to do it next time!

Edited by dixieva