Time in Marigot with bernards?

erin327

We are considering taking Bernard's tour. My 6 year old's top objective is to have a pastry at the bakery in Marigot. Bernard's website shows Marigot as a 30 minute stop. Is there time to get a pastry or not really?

Is there a better alternative for us? We are 4 people (2 kids - 3 and 6). We want some time to explore in Marigot, a little sightseeing, and a beautiful beach. Pretty sure my girls will be terrified by Maho as we have issues with loud noises.

Does anyone have any recommendations?

On our last trip with Bernard we had a customized tour and split our time between Marigot and Maho - our two top priorities. We had a little over an hour to shop a bit and get some pastries. The pastry line was really long, though.

On our first trip it was a regular tour and we only had a little time to shop, not much more. I don't remember seeing much of a beach. There was a pretty little harbor there.

As far as Maho is concerned, I don't remember it to be really loud. Seriously, the Reggae band was louder than the planes. We stayed off to the side at the bar and restaurant, though. I also think we had a better view of the planes coming in than those who were right underneath. That is a different kind of thrill.

Here are my pictures from our trip there last year.

We went on Bernard's tour #2 and we had just enough time to visit Serafina's for the pastry. No time to explore Marigot.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

We also did Bernards #2 and has either a 30 or 45 min stop in Marigot. There was plenty of time to get a pastry but no time to do any other shopping.

• 3 weeks later...

We were there last week and Mailman was our guide. He does a great job. We stopped at Marigot for about 45 minutes. We had enough time to eat at Serfina's and do some shopping at the local market across the street. We also spent about 45 minutes at Maho Beach. We saw three big planes come in, including an Airbus from AirFrance. We didn't see a 747.

Just used Bernards for a Private tour - WHICH I WOULD NOT DO AGAIN.

We were in St Maarten with 5 or so other ships and waited in a long line at the port to get checked in and start. Our tour started more than an hour later than scheduled.

We had one half hour in Marigot and with the line at Seraphina's - we only had time to pick up the BEST ALMOND CROISSANTS IN THE WORLD.

Our guide from Bernard's was lovely, but our ship departed early (Carnival Sunshine) and we did not get the tour time we expected. We did not get any discount either, from Bernard, for the time we spend waiting, not on tour.

Enjoy!