question about bringing soda onboard

I dont want to bring a bunch of soda, but i would like to bring a few root beer (for root beer floats for kiddos) a few sprite, and a few diet soda.

Can i open a 12 pack and just mix and max the drinks inside the 12 pack?

I just dont see the need to bring on 3 -12 packs. We wont drink that much. Is this strange??:eek:

We usually bring on one or two 20oz bottles of A&W and Sunkist.

You can also bring soda onboard at any port.

Yes you can mix and match.

Edited by SadieN

If you carry on and carton has been opened, they may examine it little closer but it shouldn't be an issue. Slap a luggage tag on it and leave with porter. We've done this many times and has always arrived to cabin. Just a tip...we reinforce carton (even if unopened) with duct tape. On occasion, we've observed many cartons being torn and watching cans of soda rolling down the hallways:eek:

12 packs on board in Charleston in March. They opened both, rolled the cans out and back in, then flipped each pack over and rolled them all out again. As long as you have soda cans (and not beer), i wouldn't think it would matter if they are mixed.

If you carry on and carton has been opened, they may examine it little closer but it shouldn't be an issue. Slap a luggage tag on it and leave with porter. We've done this many times and has always arrived to cabin. Just a tip...we reinforce carton (even if unopened) with duct tape. On occasion, we've observed many cartons being torn and watching cans of soda rolling down the hallways:eek:

Don't try to check it. Sodas have to be in your carry on. I like the idea of the 20 oz. bottles for your particular needs. You can get the ones you want and then if y'all don't drink all of one, it won't go to waste. Have a great trip!

We usually bring on one or two 20oz bottles of A&W and Sunkist.

You can also bring soda onboard at any port.

Yes you can mix and match.

I don't guess I ever realized this...so if we get off at a port we can bring cokes or something onboard an they will let us keep it?

I don't guess I ever realized this...so if we get off at a port we can bring cokes or something onboard an they will let us keep it?

Yes. They don't care about sodas being brought back on. They are looking for alcohol.

I agree with those saying to not check the sodas. You might be able to get away with it, but that is against the rules. If people keep breaking that rule, Carnival will likely totally forbid carry-on sodas. Follow the rules, so that we don't lose this privilege.

And about the packs. Carry-on sodas do NOT have to be in a pack. They can be loose cans or bottles sitting within a carry-on suitcase. Of my 12 cans, I usually have about 5 different flavors. I've never carried on a 12-pack. The cans are loose in the front pocket of my 24" wheeled carry-on suitcase. So easy to wheel it around; takes almost no effort; easy for security to check the cans if they want.