1.75 liter of non alchoholic beverage help

DanBoy

Jose Cuervo has a very good SUGAR FREE Margarita mix in 1.75 plastic bottles...I have tried the powdered stuff and it doesn't compare to this. Can i bring it onboard in my carry on?.. They might also have it in quart bottle size not sure...Thanks

Just make sure it says non-alcoholic somewhere on the bottle. I tried to take a bottle of light strawberry daiquiri mix when we went on the Pride last year and security went through 4 different people examining the bottle before they decided I couldn't carry it on. The ingredients list clearly stated there was no alcohol in it, but since the words non-alcoholic weren't specifically on the bottle anywhere, they said no. Like they haven't seen the non-alcoholic drink mixes before. I was so ticked. My husband however was able to carry on a bigger bottle of some other kind of mix and they didn't question him at all.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Edited by Mrs CruisinCritter

The correct answer would be NO. It is not the mix that is the problem, it is the size of the bottle. You are allowed to carry on 12 unopened bottles that are 20 ounces or less and even the quart size one would be too big.

On embarkation day, each guest may bring a small quantity of non-alcoholic beverages on board and only in their carry-on luggage. A small quantity is considered a maximum of 12 bottles and/or cans, 20 ounces each or less.

Edited by ready2cruzagain

Actually the last 2 cruises I brought on 1.75 size margaritas mix. Non alcoholic. Nobody said anything.

Sent from my HTC One mini using Forums mobile app

I guess you were lucky. On our last cruise in Dec. out of Miami, they were confiscating items left and right.

I stand by my original statement. If OP wants to try and take it then that is his/her prerogative but he/she should not expect it to automatically make it through screening since it is against Carnivals policy.

On my liberty cruise last year out of Miami I carried 2 large cranberry juice bottles. And then last November in NYC I carried the same on the splendor! I don't think they really care as long as it's not alcohol!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app