No overhang balcony

FUNGIRLS

Good morning everyone,

Just wondering how you guys felt about no overhang on the balcony? Booked a balcony on the spa deck and reading here, I see there is no overhang on those rooms, thoughts? Also of the spa deck in general?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I wouldn't book a cabin on Spa Deck for that very reason.

No overhang means no shade. Also, the people above can see you (not a big deal, I guess...unless your naked), but there's no privacy.

Also, idiots throw things over the side and you might get trash on your balcony.

We sailed on the Dream last September in a Spa room 12204. For us the lack of an overhang was no issue! The Serenity Deck is right above and we never saw anyone hanging over looking at us. Also nobody throwing anything overboard as no children allowed on Serenity Deck! We are booked again in August,again on the Dream in the room next to the one we had last year! love the Spa and that Deck.....;)

Good morning everyone,

Just wondering how you guys felt about no overhang on the balcony? Booked a balcony on the spa deck and reading here, I see there is no overhang on those rooms, thoughts? Also of the spa deck in general?

We had an aft balcony with no overhang on the Dream. We are booked on a Sunshine aft balcony (I think it has no overhang) either. :( Only reason for the Sunshine aft is that it is a credit from our "stranded in St. Maarten Dream' cruise and had to be used on the same cabin category, 8M.

After this we are back to regular balconies. The no overhang is not for us. Too hot, too sunny, little to no breeze. DH has issues with face cancer spots from his years of sun exposure while working. The lack of privacy didn't really bother me. So I will leave those afts to people who enjoy them. :)

I have had a spa deck balcony on the Liberty and Conquest. Liberty had Serenity deck above, but some reason, Conquest didn't get a Serenity deck. I loved the cabin because the deck was quiet, only a handful of cabins on the deck and the spa is hardly a noisy place!

The patio doors were great, and lockable, and I really never worried about the people above us....*BLEEP* them......no, I don't go out on the balcony naked or barely dressed.....

The hot summer sun is the only drawback to no overhang, but to be able to look up night and see the stars without having a overhang was awesome!!!!!

We really didn't like our Spa deck cabin on Glory. We had lousy weather on our cruise (Hurricane Earl in 2010), so the balcony was not usable for a good portion of the cruise. Just too wet. We also had people on the deck above talking to us while we were on our balcony - not a big deal for us, but if you want privacy these aren't the cabins for you. Finally, we were one deck down from Camp Carnival. While we didn't have noise from the Camp itself, the Spa deck is the main entrance/exit for Camp Carnival because the elevators (with the exception of one) do not go to deck 12 where Camp is - so you end up with people going up and down the stairs to get to and from the elevators. There were times when it sounded like a herd of elephants.:p

On the plus side, Glory still has a hot tub/pool in the Spa area, and it was nice being able to just pop around the corner to get there.:cool:

Wow, i didn't know that, what about the balconies on the Liberty deck 10 do they have a overhang? :confused:

Yes. Panorama deck (10) balconies are fully covered and are some of the very best on the ship. Lido and Panorama are my favorite decks. We had a balcony on the spa deck on the Freedom and hated it. Absolutely no privacy. The people above can see and hear you and vice versa, no cover from sun or rain, and woke up many times to ice cream cones and cigarette butts on our balcony that guests up above "thought" they were throwing overboard but landed on our balcony.

Speaking of shade,I know there is no overhang on the aft balconies and people has commented on no shade or breeze but how about the aft wraps? We have one booked for our upcoming cruise and I'm curious.
It depends. In our experience, the deck 8 aft wraps on Triumph- and Conquest-class ships have a good amount of overhang on the sides. We have one booked on Glory this summer with an adjoining starboard-side cabin, so we will have a good amount of both sun and shade. Some of the other aft wraps don't have as much shade.

Good morning everyone,

We just got back from the a cruise where we had a spa room on the Liberty. It was April, so we didn't have any of the extreme heat problems that people speak of. I never really noticed anyone above us, but my dh did periodically and he said he prefers the covered balcony. We never found garbage on our deck in the morning. I LOVED having the spa so handy. There were 4 of us in the room (2 sons) so I often showered in the spa. The floor was very quiet, never heard any noise of people going upstairs to camp carnival. It also has a sliding door vs a regular door which I prefered.