Caribbean Transatlantic

Hi all,

I am thinking of booking a Caribbean transatlantic in and around October/November time. We are a family of five with 3 kids and are not sure which ship would be best for us. We would prefer to depart from Southampton as we live local but are open to sailing from Barcelona. As a family, we prefer the mega ships like the Liberty, Independence, Oasis and Quantum.

Any help would be appreciated, :)

You're in luck for this fall. You have your choice of Independence, Adventure, Oasis, and Quantum sailing from Southampton. Adventure goes to San Juan, Quantum to New Jersey, the others to Florida. You might find prices and availability difficult on Oasis and Quantum. Indy and Adventure stop at some Caribbean ports.

Edited by clarea

Hi all,

I am thinking of booking a Caribbean transatlantic in and around October/November time. We are a family of five with 3 kids and are not sure which ship would be best for us. We would prefer to depart from Southampton as we live local but are open to sailing from Barcelona. As a family, we prefer the mega ships like the Liberty, Independence, Oasis and Quantum.

Any help would be appreciated, :)

Both the Quantum & Adventure leave Southampton on the 2nd Nov, Quantum 8 day cruise to New York, Adventure 14 days to San Juan which I am booked on we did this crossing last year and have done it eastbound 3 times.

Independence leaves Southampton on 1st Nov on a 14 day going to Fort Lauderdale

Edited by fas64

Thanks,

I think we are going to choose between the Liberty or the Independence as they cruise in and around the half term. Oasis is a little bit to early for us even though she is a lovely ship. Quantum is going to Cape Liberty and this is the wrong sort of area for us. I believe it is Independences last year out of Southampton so it would be quite nice to sail her. Also, Independence has been refurbished recently and Liberty hasn't. If you can share any information on the ships that would be gratefully appreciated. The whole family really likes DreamWorks and I have heard that Liberty has this and Independence doesn't.

Thanks,

I think we are going to choose between the Liberty or the Independence as they cruise in and around the half term. Oasis is a little bit to early for us even though she is a lovely ship. Quantum is going to Cape Liberty and this is the wrong sort of area for us. I believe it is Independences last year out of Southampton so it would be quite nice to sail her. Also, Independence has been refurbished recently and Liberty hasn't. If you can share any information on the ships that would be gratefully appreciated. The whole family really likes DreamWorks and I have heard that Liberty has this and Independence doesn't.

You are correct, Indy does not have Dreamworks. So you would have to go to Barcelona to pick up Liberty. The ships are virtually identical, other than the Dreamworks, the art, names of some venues, some shops on the Promenade.

I believe Liberty still has Portofino, and Indy has chanegd to Giovanni's.

Thanks,

I think we will choose the Independence as there is not much difference and she seems to do a better itinerary. She seems such a nice ship and lots of people have very good reviews :) Is it worth spending the extra money for a balcony stateroom or staying with an inside???

Thanks,

I think we will choose the Independence as there is not much difference and she seems to do a better itinerary. She seems such a nice ship and lots of people have very good reviews :) Is it worth spending the extra money for a balcony stateroom or staying with an inside???

There is an active roll call for the Nov 1 Indy cruise, come check it out!

As far as the stateroom, personally I don't think I could do a TA without a balcony. But many people do it. We love to sit on the balcony on long seadays, but conversely, there is not much to see other than the sea.

Thanks,

I agree with the poster above. Having a balcony is quite nice on the TA. Sitting out there reading and napping on sea days.

Today is last day to get $400 onboard spend on Indy!

Prices have gone up loads since we booked, more so since RCI announced it would be Indy's final Southampton departure. Believe there may only be balcony and above staterooms available.

As said above, there is a very active roll call already going!!

Come join the party!!

:-)

Rob

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

... Adventure 14 days to San Juan which I am booked on we did this crossing last year and have done it eastbound 3 times

I am thinking of doing a eastbound on Allure in 2015. How was the weather onboard?

I do not care much about the waves but I am little concerned that it might be too cold outside. I would like to enjoy the evenings in the Central Park / Boardwalk area.