GC & a 4yr old

Templetong

What would you recommend for a family of three with a very outgoing 4 year old girl? We've been to Cayman twice and have done Stingray City and Cemetery beach. We are thinking about the Turtle Farm but are unsure. What are your opinions?

My 5 & 11 y/o both loved it. You get to hold some turtles. Depends on package you have but they have a lagoon you can snorkel and also a waterslide.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Edited by pso418

My 5 & 11 y/o both loved it. You get to hold some turtles. Depends on package you have but they have a lagoon you can snorkel and also a waterslide.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Do you think the entire package is worth it or just the basic turtle farm experience?

• 2 weeks later...
Do you think the entire package is worth it or just the basic turtle farm experience?

Reporting back!

Turtle far was a HUGE hit with my 4 year old. His favorite thing the whole cruise. His BIG thing was holding the turtles, thats all he wanted to do all day, which is in the basic package.

The day we went the pool and waterslide were closed. A baby pooped in the water and it apparently got totally destroyed, and was being cleaned. So they took of $10 for the whole park.

The aviary is like nothing, some pigeons and a couple little blue and yellow birds. The lagoon to snorkel I personally didn't like. My 4 year old wouldn't go in because it is slippery walking in and that scared him. The sides are fuzzy and feel nasty so once you are swimming you have to stay swimming, resting on the edge is gross. I'm not a strong swimmer so that was a bit hard for me, but they make you wear life vests so I was okay, just a pain to not be able to stop anywhere. But through the whole thing I saw like 3 fish and 1 turtle. Water wasn't gross like some people have reported, but it wasn't the cleanest either, wouldn't just swim in it (which is why I was disappointed the pool was closed). I don't think the lagoon was worth it.

All in all, personally I would just do the basic, not the whole farm. If you want to go swimming, head to the 7 mile beach after. The pool is really the only good thing in the back, and even though I didn't get to go in it, I can't imagine it being worth the extra $25 per person. Not with free beaches. The holding the turtles part though was just great, we spent at least an hour there (way more time than anyone else but if it makes a 4 and 1 year old happy, we stay lol).