Hotel With Nice Beach - For Nassau Day Trip

We are going to Nassau on the Majesty of the Seas in October. Does anyone have a recommendation for taking a taxi to a hotel with a nice beach for our day at Nassau? Do you know if any hotels will let you use their beach? How much does it cost? Is it too scary to do this, as you might miss the ship departing?

(I have two teenagers, so would like to find a "kid friendly" hotel).

I would like to try and avoid using the ship's excursions if possible.

Thanks.....this is our first cruise!! :)

For me this is a no brainer - I would go to Paradise Island, ask for the Sheraton and take the PUBLIC walkway by the side of the hotel onto the beach. The beach is gorgeous..... but you won't get food there other than street vendor stuff.

When you leave there are taxis lined up to take people back to the ships.

Thanks for the reply. Should we bother bringing our snorkel gear? Or is it mainly a swimming beach with not too much to see?

Do you know approximately how long it will take to get back to the ship?

Thanks again!!

No it is not a snorkeling beach - just crystal clear aqua water and white sand. There are jet skis and parasailing available. I think we paid about $12 (2 years ago) for 3 of us in the taxi van. They have these vans that take about 10 people each. We actually went over on a water taxi (you can catch these right after exiting the pier) these water taxis were a bit "ropey" not as nice as the ones on St. Maarten, and when we got off we had to walk about 0.5 miles to the beach entrance and it was very hot. I think if I went again I would take a road taxi each way.

We enjoyed the British Colonial Hilton's facilities when we went this past March. It is within walking distance from the ship. It does cost $15 each. It includes a beach towel, use of their beach and pool. Both the beach and pool were very clean and nice. The landscaping there was beautiful. They have food and bar service beach and poolside from their outdoor restuarant. There are chairs and tables available by both the beach and the pool. Their is a live band playing good music in the afternoon and I believe the kayaks are included. It was a nice facility, not crowded at all and we felt very safe there. If you would like some pictures, post you're email address and I'll be happy to send you some.

Also, what we did was take a taxi to Paradise Island and had them drop us off at the public access next to the Atlantis Resort. We just walked down the beach a bit and used their beach. It's free, just can't use the chairs. It certainly is beautiful. Then we just walked the grounds, which is also free. Went inside and saw the dining room part of the inside aquarium. It was awesome, saw sharks and stingrays and lots of fish. When we were ready to return to the ship, went outside and took a taxi, which are always there. It was a great day (for free!) I highly recommend it.

Archived