MSC LIRICA FROM DUBAI 15th MARCH 2014

suron

Just to let you know that my review of this cruise has now been published. The link is

www.cruisecritic.co.uk/memberreviews/memberreview.cfm?EntryID=253499

It is quite long but will, I hope, give you an insight into what you can expect from this itinerary. There is a Roll Call already started for the 14th Feb sailing (not the 4th as in my review) so if you plan to visit Dubai etc next year I might see you on board.

Happy Easter to all

Suron (Suzanne in Bristol, UK)

Very nice, well written review Suron.

Really glad you had a good time and that your trip to Emirates Palace worked out. That was my experience too - a better experience going by yourself.

I think this time the highlight for me was the Emirates Palace but I still would recommend that no-one misses the mosque in Abu Dhabi - shame but it is not possible to fit in everything at each port with limited time there.

There is already a roll call for my 14th Feb sailing on Orchestra next year - it has been started by someone who is doing the cruise from Dubai and will then stay on board to do the 33 day trip to Oz. I seem to remember you were looking into this. I did price it up just out of curiosity but decided that for £5,500 plus spending money, I could have more visits to my family in Dubai and Dublin and with my son's staff travel concessions I can now fly anywhere in the world with Emirates. I do not know whether I could cope with 33 days on a ship either!

Hope whatever plans you make for the future you will enjoy some more wonderful sights. Thank you again for being such a mine of information - your advice was most useful and most welcome.

Kind regards

Suzanne

Hi Suzanne

I was considering the repo down to oz from Dubai! but only if they had allowed me to get off at Singapore. Can't spare 33 days for a cruise and like you, not even sure I'd want to spend that long on a ship. Up to 3 weeks is fine, longer than that I'd get fed up i think!

My next trip is a land "cruise" using Cathay Pacific to go to Hong Kong, Fiji and Australia late October.

MSC UK seems to have reasonable repo prices and more cruise available to solos again. I'm

Earning towards doing a crossing to or from the Antilles in spring or Autumn 2015. That said, I live Dubai and would happily go back in a heart beat for some winter sun. I'll have a look at the pricing on the Orchestra in Feb though.

As for providing info for you, you are more than welcome. It would be beery nice if our paths were to cross on a future cruise.