How full is my ship

minniegidget

I remember not long ago someone posted a link to show how full the ship that you are sailing is. I can't seem to find it now. Please help. Thank you and Happy Easter

I don't think I've ever seen a website like that. But as a general rule, Carnival sails almost full every week. I can't even tell you the last cruise that I was on that the "no cabins available" sign wasn't on the Guest Services desk at embarkation.

Could imagine the competitive advantage any other cruise line would have if they knew the exact inventory status of their competitor's ships?

You can play around with a booking to determine if insides/outsides/balconies/suites might be left, but be assured, no cruise line allows confidential info like that to be available to the general public, especially the competition

I don't think I've ever seen a website like that. But as a general rule, Carnival sails almost full every week. I can't even tell you the last cruise that I was on that the "no cabins available" sign wasn't on the Guest Services desk at embarkation.

If I was in charge of Guest Services I would put this sign up all the time on embarkation day, no matter what. That is a very busy, crazy day and not the appropriate time to suddenly decide you want a different cabin. If there were any empty cabins, I would probably save them for emergency swaps where there were genuine issues with cabin UN-suitability. Just my opinion.

If I was in charge of Guest Services I would put this sign up all the time on embarkation day, no matter what. That is a very busy, crazy day and not the appropriate time to suddenly decide you want a different cabin. If there were any empty cabins, I would probably save them for emergency swaps where there were genuine issues with cabin UN-suitability. Just my opinion.

Why would Carnival not want to cruise 100% full. They need to make money and answer to share holders. I own 2 retail businesses and if someone comes to my door 1 minute before closing or as I'm locking the door and wants to purchase something, you bet I'll sell em something. Theres so many more expenses than the general public thinks and you have to make a buck where ever you can.

And actually its the very way I am planning to cruise in the future, By just showing up and trying to get a cabin. If none available we will just find something else to do.

Edited by Boozebabe

Why would Carnival not want to cruise 100% full. They need to make money and answer to share holders. I own 2 retail businesses and if someone comes to my door 1 minute before closing or as I'm locking the door and wants to purchase something, you bet I'll sell em something. Theres so many more expenses than the general public thinks and you have to make a buck where ever you can.

And actually its the very way I am planning to cruise in the future, By just showing up and trying to get a cabin. If none available we will just find something else to do.

They don't allow that anymore. The passenger manifest has to be submitted to CBP 90 minutes before the ship sails. Also, you can't even get into the cruise terminal without proper documentation. The shoreside agents have no ability to sell you a cruise.

At best you might call the 800# morning of embarkation to see if there are any cabins available, but as a PP said that worked in GS, sometimes a couple of cabins are held out of inventory so they are available if needed while the ship is underway.

I was also told by a shoreside agent that many of them keep a bag packed and ready to go, so they get 1st chance at any unsold cabins but it's still a matter of them calling to get a reservation.

I have seen those signs at the Guest services desk . Cruise lines will get rid of all the cabins before they sail besides they do not make their revue from the sold cabins they make the $$$$ when guests get on the ship be selling alcohol, excursions, etc. Believe me your cruise will go out full.