RCL excursion - beach break @ 7 mile beach

BetsyC

Has anyone does this excursion? The website says it's at the 7 mile beach hotel - can't find a hotel by that name on the web. Would like any information about experience on this RCL excursion.

Thanks.

and found this blog that's not mine (sorry for all the posts!!)

"Grand Cayman was wonderful. We took a taxi ride to 7 mile beach and spent a really beautiful and relaxing afternoon soaking the crystal clear water. You can snorkel right off the beach as many people were doing. You can see fishes swimming around you as you tread around in the water. 7 mile beach consist of private and public areas. You can sign up for a 7 mile beach excursion which costs more since you'll be at one of the private areas but have access to hotel amenities. You can save some money and just take a taxi (which is available everywhere) to the public areas. In the public areas you'll have to pay for lounge chairs if you need one. After lounging and swimming on the beach for a couple hours, we took a taxi back to the port town and did some shopping before heading back to the ship.

Grand Cayman is a nice and beautiful place. The locals are friendly and it's a safe and nice place to rent a car or scooter and explore the island. 7 mile beach is just beautiful and shouldn't be missed. This would be a great island to fly into and spend vacation; beautiful, safe, and friendly."

It says "A" seven mile beach hotel. There are a number of hotels along 7 mile beach. Also a number of beaches.

The cruise ship tours typically require you to provide your own transportation (taxi) to/from a hotel/beach that stands a good chance of being overcorwded. What you money gets you is a beach chair and beverage and perhaps an umbrella. You can do better on your own.

Carnival goes to Beach Club Colony, not sure about RCCL.

7 mile beach is most of the western side of Grand Cayman:

http://www.caribbean-on-line.com/cy/wcmap.shtml

Thanks for supplying the reviews of the excursions and comments. It looks like doing 7 mile beach on my own rather than ship excursion will be better and cheaper.

I assume the taxi drivers can be trusted to take us to a good part of the beach where we can "purchase" a chair for the day.

Thanks again.

I might trust the taxi drivers more on Grand Cayman, but it is always good to know where you want to go and also to ask how much before you get into the cab. Sea Grape is a popular 7 mile beach, beach.

Anyway, by taxi, it should be US$4pp or less to most places on 7 mile beach.

I might expect to pay $10 for chair rentals, or you can just flop down on a towel (byot) for free.

thanks Zydeco. I've read lots of great comments about Sea Grape Beach.

We've never done our excursions thru the cruise lines. We find it easier and quicker to set up our own.

Archived