Valor - April 6 ot April 13 Review

cgmiller63

I don't know how lax they are because I did not attempt to take booze in our carry on. They do make all carry-on’s go through the x-ray machine.

We bought 2 bottles in the duty free shop in San Juan, put them in my backpack and no one said a word when they went through. Also in the different ports it was very easy to skirt the alcohol desk, especially if you are in a big crowd.

Great Job so far!! I am doing this cruise in June and have tentatively booked Spencer's Land/Sea tour. There have been alot of negative reviews for him lately on TA. How was your overall experience?? Thanks again for taking the time to share with all of us.

Spencer’s team was great. They could have been better organized when we first boarded the van at the pier and when we boarded the speedboat at the beach, but they were very knowledgeable about the island and very attentive to the 8 people who were on the tour with us. There were plenty of drinks in the cooler and the food at the beach was delicious. They did everything to insure we were comfortable.

My one complaint is not about the Spencer team but about the beach. The beach is quite small so we stood around until another group left. It was challenging trying to eat standing up while balancing all your gear.

Great review. We were on the same cruise and also went to the Boatyard (we were on the left side of the "bridge") and were at Jalouise Beach around the same time you were (based on the sun and that blue yacht) with Cosols tours. We were also at Maho towards the end of the day! Defintely a great time! We missed the meet and greet but met some cool folks on the ship. We never saw you but saw Earle and his crew everywhere. My wife said he was the unofficial cruise director from the first day when he and his guys got the cruise going with "Happy"! The guy with his whistle was cracking us up.

Earle and the Rum Runner Crew were hilarious. Donna, Kenya, Anita also were a riot! It’s going to be hard to beat this cruise.

Monday - The next morning we woke up in St. Thomas. It was overcast but humid and warm. We took a taxi to Magen’s Beach. Although the beach was beautiful, we neglected to bring our towels and portable cooler so we were not as comfortable as we could have been. It was also a long drive from the port to the beach. In hindsight, I would have visited a different beach. This was probably my least favorite port of call.

Long drive?? It is like 4 miles....

...Doing the island tour in St Lucia.....NOW THAT is a long drive.

Edited by lostdart1

Long drive?? It is like 4 miles....

...Doing the island tour in St Lucia.....NOW THAT is a long drive.

It seemed like a long drive, especially over the hairpin curves. Perhaps we would have enjoyed the bay more had we brought our towel and cooler. The water was very pretty.

I brought 2 bottles of Mount Gay Rum onboard in Barbados. As they went through the scanner I heard the security dude indicate to someone else, "alcohol" and say sir go to red table. I 'didn't hear' him and walked right to elevator with no problems. We didn't drink it onboard but did not want to go pick it up the last night.

After spending the day relaxing on the beach, we headed to the ship. Departure was delayed for an hour or so. I don’t know what happened but we saw a couple of people getting taken off the ship (with their luggage) and getting into a police car. Note to self: Do not commit crimes while on vacation.

PoPo.jpg

StMaartenMahoBeach2.jpg

Dinner was at 5:30pm and after dinner we hung out at the cigar and whiskey tasting bar. The bar was hosting Karaoke, which was comedy in itself.

Your "left on probation" picture is from St. Marteen. That would be my newly acquired husband and me at the bar (honeymoon cruise), He got that shirt from a cruise that stopped in Rotan, Honduras.

Your "left on probation" picture is from St. Marteen. That would be my newly acquired husband and me at the bar (honeymoon cruise), He got that shirt from a cruise that stopped in Rotan, Honduras.

I'm famous now! Thanks for the picture

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Sunday – We ordered room service and had breakfast one last time on our balcony. At 6:30am we took our luggage down to begin the disembarking process. It was uneventful and we were at the airport by 8:30/9am. The flight out of Puerto Rico was delayed for one hour, which caused us to miss our connection. We did not get to Los Angeles until 10:30pm. Thankfully, we had taken Monday off so we had a day to recuperate.

I have to say that this was one of the best vacations we have taken. The ports of call were amazing and the people we met on the Facebook page were great! I’m thinking of doing this same cruise but on Royal Caribbean because they hit a couple of different islands.

StLucia.jpg

We did this same cruise back in March. We had a blast! Loved St. Lucia and St. Maartin! We've booked the Aruba itinerary on Adventure Of The Seas for next March though. The itinerary is perfect for us as we want to return back to San Juan and visit my favorite island of Aruba.:)

We did this same cruise back in March. We had a blast! Loved St. Lucia and St. Maartin! We've booked the Aruba itinerary on Adventure Of The Seas for next March though. The itinerary is perfect for us as we want to return back to San Juan and visit my favorite island of Aruba.:)

We're thinking of doing the same cruise. DH is not sold on one of the ports of call, Grenada. I'm working on him :rolleyes: