Cabin upgrades.

asda

When you book an early saver fare you choose cabin style and grade . With the possibility of a upgrade if available ( second priority)

On a saver fare you book a cabin style. Either inside ,outside , or balcony.

So as anyone booked a saver and ended up with an upgrade?

I say, asda, old chap/ess, you seem to have rather a lot of posts about this subject, in fact some may say it has become something of an all-consuming hobby.

If you are so keen to get a suite/balcony/oceanview/more desirable inside, may I humbly suggest that you book one in the first place? This will involve paying more, of course, something I never do. But then, and here's a useful little tip, I never book a guarantee cabin at a grade with which I am unhappy.

I agree only ever book the grade you are happy in, at a price you are willing to pay.

Once on board (and maybe on cruise forums) don't get drawn in to the "how much did you pay?" conversations. They serve little purpose, other than to make someone feel they did better than their fellow pax.

Edited by Pink-belle

Yes, all these similar topics are getting boring. You pays your money and takes your choice, depending on what that choice is of course.

Maybe people are hoping that they can catch P&O breaking their new rules on a regular basis.

I completely agree with the above comments regarding the many similar threads asda has started over the last few weeks. Book and pay for the grade of cabin you want. This is the only sure way to get this grade (or higher) and if choice of dining is important, choose the select fare that guarantees this option. Sure it costs more but you are getting a better product with the other benefits thrown in.

Asda, do you have some sort of agenda behind your postings?

I completely agree with the above comments regarding the many similar threads asda has started over the last few weeks. Book and pay for the grade of cabin you want. This is the only sure way to get this grade (or higher) and if choice of dining is important, choose the select fare that guarantees this option. Sure it costs more but you are getting a better product with the other benefits thrown in.

Asda, do you have some sort of agenda behind your postings?

I have to agree ,asda is becoming a bit boring!

Thanks every one for the lovely remarks. I am actually I really nice none boring person you could meet. I started to ask this question a few weeks ago regarding select, early saver and saver fares. It's just interesting to see everyone's experience like you I love talking about cruises and in the place I work colleagues and customers are always asking about cruise things and this subject has come up a lot.

As for me I have booked an select fare. and an early saver. But not sure yet about next cruise its about £500 each more to do select , I rather go with the early saver rather than wait for a saver fare.

Sorry if I have up set you all

Asda

You can post as many times as you wish and no one is forcing your critics to read them.

Hi . Thanks. I feel awful now. I have tried to delete all my post. But can't. I'm not going to mention upgrades anymore. I am happy with my select and early saver fare.

Hi . Thanks. I feel awful now. I have tried to delete all my post. But can't. I'm not going to mention upgrades anymore. I am happy with my select and early saver fare.

No need to feel awful, nor to delete posts. Comments making reference to 'boring' were made about the proliferation of posts, not about you. I have chosen select fares for my future booked cruises because at the time of booking, this seemed the best option. I have however booked getaways when they existed and had great cruises at great prices.

ASDA, please do not feel upset or awful, I'm sure no one meant to upset you. Please,now just think about the wonderful cruise you are going to have in June along with the other members of your family.

Please do come back and let us know how you enjoyed your cruise.

Have a wonderful cruise.

Pat

no need to try and delete the post. just continue asking questions if you want, that is what the forum is for :)

i might find it boring but others may not.

no need to try and delete the post. just continue asking questions if you want, that is what the forum is for :)

i might find it boring but others may not.

It isn't the boredom it's the frustration of the same question be asked in different ways and then repeated further into the threads.

But that's no reason why anyone should try and stop anyone else posting whatever they want.

I don't think you need to feel awful or delete your posts. It is a cruise forum and it is for an exchange of questions and answers.

However, and this is just my opinion, maybe some think you have a hidden agenda for starting so may different threads. You easily could have replied to one of your original posts and that would have moved it back up the page and reopened the dialogue. So many people have been unhappy with P & O pricing, when booking early, I feel the whole thing is a no win situation for P & O, to me that argument is old. So I stick with my original post of, pay what you are happy paying, then forget it!

I am concerned, having read your many posts, on the fares that both you and your parents have booked, that you are heading for disappointment. I am glad that your parents having booked early, and paid for it, have been upgraded.

However, because you have booked an inside for 4 people, No P & O, will not put you in a bigger room because there are 4 of you. As far as they are concerned the rooms that sleep 4 are big enough for 4.

So, if you get an upgrade, good for you, you were lucky. I get a feeling that if others posted about their upgrades, you would be upset that it was not you, that would make you feel down.

In 21 cruises on 4 different cruise lines, I have never ever received an upgrade. Admittedly that's now because I know what I am willing to pay for a balcony on C deck, I then book it and mark my reservation no upgrade. ( I do know this is not 100% reliable)

Please don't feel bad, no one has a right or wish to make you feel that way. It's just sometimes posts on forums come across differently then they would if it was a spoken question.

I have been really interested in your postings, so keep them coming Asda. :cool:

Agreed! ;)

I've had 2 Select fares booked the last few months. Both lowest grade insides. One on a guarantee basis and was given an upgrade to highest grade inside just 2 weeks before sailing. The other a chosen cabin and have been upgraded again to highest grade inside with 5 weeks to go. :D

How P&O work out cabin allocation is beyond me.......... so many factors they could use. Would be interesting to have some knowledge as to how it works!

I have a Princess cruise booked for the summer......... on a guarantee basis so it will be interesting to see what I get! ;)

Agreed! ;)

I've had 2 Select fares booked the last few months. Both lowest grade insides. One on a guarantee basis and was given an upgrade to highest grade inside just 2 weeks before sailing. The other a chosen cabin and have been upgraded again to highest grade inside with 5 weeks to go. :D

How P&O work out cabin allocation is beyond me.......... so many factors they could use. Would be interesting to have some knowledge as to how it works!

I have a Princess cruise booked for the summer......... on a guarantee basis so it will be interesting to see what I get! ;)

Oooh I have less than 5 weeks to go, so maybe my cabin allocation will be soon.:cool:

…..In 21 cruises on 4 different cruise lines, I have never ever received an upgrade. Admittedly that's now because I know what I am willing to pay for a balcony on C deck, I then book it and mark my reservation no upgrade. ( I do know this is not 100% reliable) …....

I've been lucky on occasion - many "virtual upgrades" ie upgrade to the same cabin type, just in a different position - but a few proper ones.

QM2 inside to balcony (though directly under prom deck) - on a caribbean itenary too!

Princess in Alaska inside to outside obstructed - nice to have the (not too obstructed) view as our window was between two lifeboats

Carnival outside to balcony -

Disney inside to outside - and a few freebies as well -

and Ocean Village inside to mini suite with balcony (but they asked for an extra £50 - bargain!)

Hi asda

Don't stop your posts. I regularly check them. I'm interested to see who gets upgrades. I have 3 cruises booked this year 2 select and an early saver. We have been upgraded on one of our select cruises ( first time ever ! ) and live in hope for another upgrade. Greedy I know ! :) It's a case of will I wont I? Makes it more exciting. But really I'm happy just to be lucky enough to be cruising no matter what cabin :)

Hi asda

Don't stop your posts. I regularly check them. I'm interested to see who gets upgrades. I have 3 cruises booked this year 2 select and an early saver. We have been upgraded on one of our select cruises ( first time ever ! ) and live in hope for another upgrade. Greedy I know ! :) It's a case of will I wont I? Makes it more exciting. But really I'm happy just to be lucky enough to be cruising no matter what cabin :)

Hi thank you. I'm not stopping my post only ones about upgrades. I like helping my staff and friends choose cabins and it helps my sister advise her clients she's a travel agent. She's got a few booked on saver fares all waiting to find out there cabin allocation so this has helped her too.

We have a 4 bed inside cabin booked on an early saver but already been allocated a cabin number . our cruise isn't till June so most of my questions were about could there be a chance of it being changed as p&o said early savers get 2cd priority for upgrades. We are very happy with price we have paid.only £50 more than the saver price but about £800 + less than the select price. My parents who booked a select fare got upgraded so very pleased for them . Enjoy you cruise . Can't wait for ours.