Tan Towel Help Needed

HHW

Hello:

I am a fair-skinned brunette...freckles on face, and legs that never tan.

I have read ALL the posts about Tan Towels and would like to know your thoughts and experiences with the Comodyne brand and the TanTowel brands.

This just seems way easier than lotion!

Thank you for your help!

I'm a red head with very white skin.

I've used the tan towels on my legs only and like them a lot. I use one towel for each leg and have never gotten any streaking. Just be careful not to miss any areas and try not to overlap. I find it works best in smooth long up or down strokes on the leg.

I tried a couple of different lotions and always wound up with streaks.

Once I made the mistake of a second application a few days later and it was too dark and unnnatural for me.

Wash your hands quickly after application!

I love tan towels. I too am a fair skinned brunette. I agree, the long strokes on legs seems to work best. I use thin latex gloves like doctors use when I apply my tan towels. The last thing I put the tan towel on is my hands by stripping one glove off and doing that hand. Then stripping off the other glove and doing the other hand.

I use the "Tan Towel Plus" available at times on HSN, but I order mine through the Tantowel website, mainly because I don't want all the extra exfoliation towels, etc... that they seem to include in the products for sale on HSN. Just gimmie the Tantowel, please! :D

Anyway, I only use mine on my legs. I use ONE towel for both legs, and it works fine. Much cheaper than using one towel for each leg. I saw/read that the best way to get all the usage out of the towel is to fold it into quarters.... then as the solution on the towel gets "used up", just unfold it to reveal a fresh, unused side, till the towel is all used up. I use long strokes, going over my ankles, knees, and heels only once, but I go over the rest of my leg multiple times without any problems. I have never had any streaking or "lines" from going over my legs more than once. If you watch the woman who usually demonstrates Tantowels on HSN... she stands there and goes over her arms LOTS of times (I imagine the towel must be dry, though... or she'd be as dark as Cherry-wood).

I have darker hair, but fairly light skin. I generally use one towel about 5 times a week. That's just me.... everyone is different. I do not keep my legs very dark... I'm just trying to maintain a look that seems to match my arms, which get more sun exposure.

I've never used the Comodyne (I don't know if I have that spelling correct) brand. Good luck

Archived