Wrigley80's Carnival Dream Repositioning Cruise Photo Review

wrigley80

OMG! I didn't get those shirts! I saw them the first night and never saw them again! I could've sent you $ to get them for me....UUGGGGHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm wearing the light blue one today. Go to the Carnival Dream roll calls and maybe you'll be able to find someone to pick one up for you who is going on the Dream soon

Thank you Brianna for this wonderful review...I am booked on the Dream for the feb. 22 2015 sailing...I can't wait to see her.....this photo review is just great...thank you again

You're welcome. You will have a great time on the Dream. There is still a lot more to come in the review

I heard a lot of people say that they couldn't do their snorkeling excursion in Grand Cayman. We went to Stingray City and didn't have any problems.

I believe the Dream is smaller than the Freedom/Adventure of the Seas but not by much. We found the layout to be a little confusing too but we are so used to the layout of Carnival ships that we are used to it by now.

Will you guys do another Carnival ship???

We really enjoyed the Sunset Bar area and the Aft Pool. It was nice and relaxing back there. We spent a lot of time out there as well

They just cancelled snorkeling one one side of GC. The other side was okay but the water was more cloudy than I remembered from before. I think that happen a lot in GC.

Haven't decided what our next cruise will be. Maybe on the Dream since it's so close now. We really want to do a Med cruise but have to save for that for a while.

I really liked the Sunset area the most. The view from deck 11 was great. Not into the loud music at the main pool. Just never made it to serenity area.

15 pages and we haven't gotten to any island yet. I'm enjoying your review so much I didn't realize it until you mention the next installation will be Aruba.

Edited by Kfoot

Thank-You. The Nordic Empress was my first cruise in 2004. That ship definitely started out my addiction as well. Looks like we share that in common. I'm still in awe every time we step onboard for the first time.

It's nice to find another person who has cruised on the Nordic Empress. The ships have sure changed since then haven't they

Haha the Nordic Empress was our first cruise back in 1999. So funny.

Enjoying your review by the way. We loved the Dream!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Forums mobile app

They just cancelled snorkeling one one side of GC. The other side was okay but the water was more cloudy than I remembered from before. I think that happen a lot in GC.

Haven't decided what our next cruise will be. Maybe on the Dream since it's so close now. We really want to do a Med cruise but have to save for that for a while.

I really liked the Sunset area the most. The view from deck 11 was great. Not into the loud music at the main pool. Just never made it to serenity area.

Yeah we liked Deck 11 too. Our cabin was right by the mid-ship elevators so we would come out to the elevators and come out on deck 11 to enjoy the view.

In December our cabin is Deck 10 mid-ship right by the Glass elevators. I can't wait to enjoy that view every morning from our balcony.

15 pages and we haven't gotten to any island yet. I'm enjoying your review so much I didn't realize it until you mention the next installation will be Aruba.

Haha. Once I get going on my reviews I like to include a lot of pictures and dialogue so that you know what you're looking at.

I will get started on Aruba tomorrow. We had a great time in Aruba

I saw those but I wondered if there was a Serenity pool or just a hot tub?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Forums mobile app

It's just the two hot tubs on the Serenity Deck....no pool. I sure wish there was a pool on the Serenity Deck. The aft pool is much quieter than the mid-ship pool. If you want a quiet, relaxing atmosphere then I would definitely go to the aft pool by the Sunset Bar

Love this review !!! It's bringing back so many great memories from my cruise on the dream in January !

"someone told me I will one day get sick of cruising ... I just smiled and said only when I'm dead "

Thank You. Hopefully the fun memories will continue on with the rest of the review.

I love your quote....I want that on a t-shirt

After dinner we walked around for awhile before going to the show. Tonight the show was a Comedic Juggler. That was a nice change from he usual singing and dancing shows. Dad and I both enjoyed it

Tonight was Monday, April 7th and it was the night of the NCAA Mens Basketball Championship. I thought they would have it on the Seaside theater again like they did on Saturday but they couldn't have it outside because tonight was the Red Frog Deck Party. Hennie made an announcement at the Past Guest Party that anyone who wanted to watch the Championship game that it was going to be on the screen in the Main Show Lounge following the Juggler. So after the show we stayed and watched. I love College Basketball. The Championship game was Kentucky vs. UConn. The lounge was full of Kentucky fans.

**** Warning kybluecruiser.....this is what I warned you about in the beginning of my review. You may want to look away

CarnivalDream-April42014218_zpsde7ce781.jpg

CarnivalDream-April42014219_zps2c6638ad.jpg

Watching the game in the lounge was fun....well unless you're a Kentucky fan. UConn won the game....way to go HUSKIES

After watching the game I headed back to the cabin around Midnight.

I just shed a tear..... Thanks for bringing up the painful past. Lol hey btw did you see the famous Sargent-shultz aka zydecocruiser? I was just looking at his website and he was on the same cruise. Miss him here. Really enjoying your review, thanks again for sharing.

It's just the two hot tubs on the Serenity Deck....no pool. I sure wish there was a pool on the Serenity Deck. The aft pool is much quieter than the mid-ship pool. If you want a quiet, relaxing atmosphere then I would definitely go to the aft pool by the Sunset Bar

All good to know......thank you so much for responding. Looking forward to the rest of your review.

Thank You. Hopefully the fun memories will continue on with the rest of the review.

I love your quote....I want that on a t-shirt

That's actually a great idea !! Get three made at least , one for you , one for your dad and one for me haha

"someone told me I will one day get sick of cruising ... I just smiled and said only when I'm dead "

I just shed a tear..... Thanks for bringing up the painful past. Lol hey btw did you see the famous Sargent-shultz aka zydecocruiser? I was just looking at his website and he was on the same cruise. Miss him here. Really enjoying your review, thanks again for sharing.

Yes he sure was on our cruise. Had the pleasure of going to Stingray Island with him in the Caymans and unexpectedly being featured in his Youtube video...:D ...great guy...didn't realize he wasn't here anymore :confused:.

I told you to look away :p ;) You will be happy to know that the Encore Theater was full of Kentucky fans and then there's little ole me cheering for UConn :D.

Ok now that's over you can continue to enjoy the rest of the review. ;)

I don't know what Sergeant Schultz looks like but I know he was on our roll call and other people on our roll call had a shore excursion with him

Nice review and photos, do you remember the cost of the shirts?

Usually they are 2 for $20.00. Unless you find one in the Fun Shops that you can't live without or there are limited sizes it is best to wait because the prices go down throughout he week. I bought a hat/t-shirt combo that says Carnival Dream. The first sea day it was $29.99. I bought it on the sea day in between Aruba and Ocho Rios....it was only $19.99 :D

The Fun Shops will have t-shirt sales throughout the week when they are 2 for $20.00. Just be sure to check the Fun Times because the sales will be posted in there

That's actually a great idea !! Get three made at least , one for you , one for your dad and one for me haha

My entire closet consists of Margaritaville, Ron Jon Surf Shop, and Carnival shirts. What's one more to add to the collection :p

OK....Back to the Review. Today was the day of our first port of call....ARUBA. We were particularly excited for Aruba because of the what we had planned for the day....we had a tour on the Banana Bus

We didn't get into Aruba until 1:00 pm so we still had the morning to relax and eat a good breakfast

CarnivalDream-April42014223_zps80aef326.jpg

CarnivalDream-April42014224_zpse147c6b0.jpg

It was really windy on our day in Aruba

CarnivalDream-April42014226_zpsa23aeace.jpg

My dad and I were on Green Overload today.....green shirts and green shades :D

CarnivalDream-April42014228_zps81aee334.jpg

We are getting closer to Aruba

CarnivalDream-April42014229_zpsd830a2a4.jpg

CarnivalDream-April42014230_zpsf7ed5326.jpg

The Celebrity Silouette was also in port

CarnivalDream-April42014231_zpsbaf9084c.jpg

CarnivalDream-April42014232_zps6ec9763c.jpg

You may think the picture is fuzzy but that was sea spray and fog hanging over the island. It was so windy that the sea spray was quite prevalent

CarnivalDream-April42014233_zpseae5319a.jpg

CarnivalDream-April42014234_zpsa3b716a5.jpg

The island of Aruba is 6 miles wide by 20 miles long. I have a cool picture coming up that will show the total width of the island