Wrigley80's Carnival Dream Repositioning Cruise Photo Review

wrigley80

I am really enjoying your review, as I have enjoyed your other reviews. You have a way with words. The best part though is the wonderful relationship you have with your dad and that you are exploring the world together. My dear dad refuses to cruise (his dad was Air Force and he had a bad "cruise" to Japan when he was 7), and it makes me sad because I know he would love it. He never met a stranger and he would have an entire ship of new friends! Anyways, I would love to sail with you two some day! Looking forward to reading about the rest of your adventures!

Edited by Beachlover1964

I'm sure I'll get on the Breeze at some point. My goal is to get onboard every Carnival ship.....I am at 14 different ships.

I'll have to watch for when you book the Fantasy -- you seem like you'd be great fun to have on board!!

Yeah it is the City of New Orleans route. It leaves Chicago around 8:30 pm and arrives into New Orleans at 3:30 pm. It sounds like a fun way to travel and an interesting way to see the sights along the way.

When we drive I do all the driving so it would be nice to just sit back and enjoy the trip.

Thanks for getting back to me

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I always take the train to all the ports before a cruise. Soooo relaxing, but yes, it does take longer to get there and can be expensive if you get a sleeper.

I will be on the Dream June 2015 and am going to take the train from Chicago to New Orleans.

I am really enjoying your review, as I have enjoyed your other reviews. You have a way with words. The best part though is the wonderful relationship you have with your dad and that you are exploring the world together. My dear dad refuses to cruise (his dad was Air Force and he had a bad "cruise" to Japan when he was 7), and it makes me sad because I know he would love it. He never met a stranger and he would have an entire ship of new friends! Anyways, I would love to sail with you two some day! Looking forward to reading about the rest of your adventures!

Thank You. My dad and I definitely like to cruise....I mean how could you not enjoy it. It's definitely all about having fun together.

That's how my dad is....he loves to meet new people. And cruises are perfect for that.

I hope you continue to enjoy the rest of my review

I'll have to watch for when you book the Fantasy -- you seem like you'd be great fun to have on board!!

We have already cruised on the Fantasy but you never know I'm sure we will be back onboard again.

We love Fantasy class ships. And I definitely know how to have fun on a cruise....I'm always looking for new friends to join in on the shenanigans...haha

I always take the train to all the ports before a cruise. Soooo relaxing, but yes, it does take longer to get there and can be expensive if you get a sleeper.

I will be on the Dream June 2015 and am going to take the train from Chicago to New Orleans.

Thank you. We realize it will take much longer but we are gonna leave 3 or 4 days before the cruise. It'll be a nice change to see some different scenery. We won't need a sleeper car. But we will take a couple neck pillows and light blankets. My dad can snooze anywhere and I will take my iPad to keep me occupied.

Thank You. I read your review as well. It was very good. What did you guys do in the ports??

Aruba: tour & sunset cruise w/ Jolly Pirates

Jamaica: Irie Blue Hole & Scotchies for jerk chicken & pork (yummmm)

Grand Cayman: Tour w/ Native way to Sting Ray City, snorkeling, & Rum Point beach

Cozumel: Passion Island tour w/ the ship.

It was a terrific cruise w/ perfect weather.

Aruba: tour & sunset cruise w/ Jolly Pirates

Jamaica: Irie Blue Hole & Scotchies for jerk chicken & pork (yummmm)

Grand Cayman: Tour w/ Native way to Sting Ray City, snorkeling, & Rum Point beach

Cozumel: Passion Island tour w/ the ship.

It was a terrific cruise w/ perfect weather.

Those sound like some really fun excursions. And yes we definitely had some perfect weather

Wrigley, a little off topic but may I recommend the Carnival Conquest? I see you haven't been on her yet and she is amazing. Has the 2.0 upgrades and she gives the most bang for your buck!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Any ship is fine with me?? I would like to go on another ship with a Guys Burger

Brianna, did you ever count how many t-shirts you have? I see that you have bought a lot on each of your cruises. So when you are at home, do you still wear the t-shirts or do you wear them to work (advertisement)?

Brianna, did you ever count how many t-shirts you have? I see that you have bought a lot on each of your cruises. So when you are at home, do you still wear the t-shirts or do you wear them to work (advertisement)?

Oh wow my closet is full of Margaritaville, Ron Jon, and Carnival shirts. I bet I have at least 200 t-shirts....that's what I am comfortable wearing. That's the souvenir that I enjoy bringing home. For this cruise I bought 12 shirts (5 of them are Carnival shirts).

Oh yeah I wear my shirts to work. Today I have a Cocoa Beach Pier t-shirt on. It had a cruise ship on it with a rocket blasting off.

I will wear my cruise shirts to work as well. It's good advertising

I sent you a private message.

Thank-You. I am going to call Amtrak tomorrow to find out what the TA discount is. My colleague told me on Friday that the discount at one time was 25%. Every little bit of savings helps

Enjoying your reports and photos, looking forward to meeting you on our 12/7/14 Dream Cruise.

Thanks you. Looking forward to meeting you as well. That cruise in December is going to be a blast

Thank-You. I am going to call Amtrak tomorrow to find out what the TA discount is. My colleague told me on Friday that the discount at one time was 25%. Every little bit of savings helps

They also have a Carnival Cruise discount. A lot of the customer service reps who answer the phone don't even know about it. I had to call several times before I finally got the current code for 2014 which is V875. Hope that helps you out too!

They also have a Carnival Cruise discount. A lot of the customer service reps who answer the phone don't even know about it. I had to call several times before I finally got the current code for 2014 which is V875. Hope that helps you out too!

Do you mean for a discount with Amtrak or on a Carnival ship??

Do you mean for a discount with Amtrak or on a Carnival ship??

Discount on Amtrak travel only. You will need to produce proof of your cruise tickets.

Discount on Amtrak travel only. You will need to produce proof of your cruise tickets.

Thanks. Our cruise in December is already booked so that would be perfect.

In order to get that discount do you have to call in to book??