Wrigley80's Carnival Dream Repositioning Cruise Photo Review

wrigley80

Thanks. Our cruise in December is already booked so that would be perfect.

In order to get that discount do you have to call in to book??

Yes, I have never been able to make the code work online. A customer service agent always has to do it.

Let me know how it works out for you. I can't remember how much the discount is now? Like you said.......every little bit counts!

Yes, I have never been able to make the code work online. A customer service agent always has to do it.

Let me know how it works out for you. I can't remember how much the discount is now? Like you said.......every little bit counts!

Thank you so much. I am going to call them tomorrow. And I will let ya know what the discount. Thanks Again for your help and advice

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I'm enjoying your review, it's fun that we are all trying to talk you into cruising with us...so... Liberty this Sept, and Pride next Sept (will have Guys by then, too!)...you know you want to...I cruise with my Mom, you cruise with your Dad, it makes sense, lol.

Enjoying your review! Wish you were on our Dream cruise on august 24th!!!!! :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank You. I'm sure you'll have a great time....even if I'm not there ;-)

I'm enjoying your review, it's fun that we are all trying to talk you into cruising with us...so... Liberty this Sept, and Pride next Sept (will have Guys by then, too!)...you know you want to...I cruise with my Mom, you cruise with your Dad, it makes sense, lol.

Thank You. I love all these offers to cruise. From the looks of it I'm gonna be pretty occupied for the rest of 2014.

My dad and I are gonna bored of cruising after all these offers....oh on second thought were never bored with cruising.

I just got off the phone with Amtrak and gave them the code and she couldn't find anything about it. She said I would have to contact Carnival. Help!!! Our trip is next month but was hoping for a adjustment.

OK who is ready for more pictures....

Our first full day at sea we were up by 8:00 am and ready to head to breakfast. My dad and I really enjoy eating breakfast in the MDR. Today was the first day of the SeaDay Brunch.

CarnivalDream-April42014152_zpsce5551a4.jpg

Have you decided on what you want to order yet?? :p

Yes I did decide while looking at the menu. :D The fruit and cottage cheese and an omelette. I read your question and started laughing husband asked me from the other room what was so funny. :)

Edited by S.C.

I just got off the phone with Amtrak and gave them the code and she couldn't find anything about it. She said I would have to contact Carnival. Help!!! Our trip is next month but was hoping for a adjustment.

Wow. I just peaked in to catch up on this review and saw your posts. I just talked to Amtrak about an hour ago and they gave me code V875. The lady I spoke with couldn't find it at first but then she did. She was very nice. Wish I had gotten her name but she said that's the Carnival code for 2014. Call back and ask them to look it up alphabetically. That's how the rep I spoke with found it.

I have to call Carnival in the morning for a client so I can ask them about Amtrak at the same time.

I've got your email so I will email you with whatever I find out

Edited by wrigley80

Yes I did decide while looking at the menu. :D The fruit and cottage cheese and an omelette. I read your question and started laughing husband asked me from the other room what was so funny. :)

Haha....happy to hear that I could make you laugh tonight. The fruit plate and omelette is exactly what I always ordered.

I'll see what I can do about getting that ordered for ya

Wow. I just peaked in to catch up on this review and saw your posts. I just talked to Amtrak about an hour ago and they gave me code V875. The lady I spoke with couldn't find it at first but then she did. She was very nice. Wish I had gotten her name but she said that's the Carnival code for 2014. Call back and ask them to look it up alphabetically. That's how the rep I spoke with found it.

So you basically asked for the Carnival Cruise Lines promo code for travel on Amtrak??

Thanks for the advice....it's reasons like this why I love these boards. People helping one another to get the most out of their vacation

So you basically asked for the Carnival Cruise Lines promo code for travel on Amtrak??

Thanks for the advice....it's reasons like this why I love these boards. People helping one another to get the most out of their vacation

Yup. At first she said they only had a code for Norwegian, then she said she would search alphabetically and found it. She told me to pass the word on. So I am. lol. She was really helpful.

Yup. At first she said they only had a code for Norwegian, then she said she would search alphabetically and found it. She told me to pass the word on. So I am. lol. She was really helpful.

Thank You. Do ya remember how much the discount was for??

I am going to call tomorrow

Okay I called again just now. Here is the deal. If you get the tickets at their lowest fare, they will give you a discount. Only one part of our whole trip (which involves 6-7 trains in a three week period) we got a discount of $54. Oh well better than nothing.

Thank You. Do ya remember how much the discount was for??

I am going to call tomorrow

20% off of each leg. I have my reservation on hold. I could only get it on the trip down to Florida. She said they had no more "discounted cruise" seats on the leg back. But I'm going to check again when I call to purchase the tix. If not, I can apply the AAA discount to the return trip, which is 10% off. I also found another code h216. Have no clue what it is but you supposedly save 20% but you have to call.

I got the code by emailing their customer service department just 2 weeks ago. This is the code for 2014.

Amtrak customer service is known for it's lack of knowledge on the phone. I usually have to hang up and call back to find an agent that is seasoned. Sometimes, I get a good one on the first try.....but, it's rare.

You can always email customer service and ask for their help? They responded back to me within 24 hours.

20% off of each leg. I have my reservation on hold. I could only get it on the trip down to Florida. She said they had no more "discounted cruise" seats on the leg back. But I'm going to check again when I call to purchase the tix. If not, I can apply the AAA discount to the return trip, which is 10% off. I also found another code h216. Have no clue what it is but you supposedly save 20% but you have to call.

Thank You so much. I am going to call today from work to see what I can find out for prices for when we are looking to travel

OK back to some more photos of my review. We had a light lunch today at the salad bar because we were holding out for the Steakhouse. Now we have been on 14 Carnival ships (some with steakhouses and some without) but this was our first time visiting the Steakhouse for dinner.....but it definitely won't be our last. We absolutely loved it.....it is well worth the $35.00 charge per person.

Not too long ago I was that person saying "why go to the steakhouse when you can eat in the dining room and have a steak for free.".......the steak in the Steakhouse was by far the best steak that I have ever tasted :)

CarnivalDream-April52014133_zps80f8b592.jpg

We had a reservation for 6:30 pm. I made our reservation prior to leaving for the cruise

CarnivalDream-April52014134_zpsd65eac8b.jpg

This was our waitress, Melia. She brought around the cart o show the different cuts of meat

CarnivalDream-April52014135_zpse80739ae.jpg

Menu in the Steakhouse

CarnivalDream-April52014136_zps144ba792.jpg

CarnivalDream-April52014137_zpsb2347da0.jpg

CarnivalDream-April52014138_zps27e1d594.jpg

CarnivalDream-April52014139_zpsb9a827bc.jpg

Compliments from the Chef item....it was a Cream of Mushroom soup....it was OK

CarnivalDream-April52014140_zpsbb105de1.jpg

I ordered the crab cake as my side

CarnivalDream-April52014141_zps5304d290.jpg

We were sitting right by the kitchen. The head Chef came out to apologize that we were sitting by the kitchen. It was fine with us

CarnivalDream-April52014142_zps00ac8543.jpg

My salad

Next time we eat in the Steakhouse which will be on the Dream in December...I will probably bypass the side and the salad so that I can fully enjoy the steak and the cheesecake

CarnivalDream-April52014145_zps050ecdda.jpg

My dad and I both ordered the Cowboy Ribeye.....it was absolutely delicious :p

CarnivalDream-April52014146_zpsc1bd17a1.jpg

Baked Potato with all the trimmings

CarnivalDream-April52014147_zpscaf77514.jpg

The cheesecake was HUGE. Now I have seen pictures from other people showing the cheesecake but pictures do it no justice. I ate about half as did my dad. We took the rest back to the room to eat later

CarnivalDream-April52014148_zps9530f5a3.jpg

CarnivalDream-April52014150_zps92c0d492.jpg

The Chef came out to thank us for coming

CarnivalDream-April52014151_zps6d7bd057.jpg

The Steakhouse is on Deck 12 Aft

CarnivalDream-April52014152_zpsf66835db.jpg

Still not sure what this towel animal is :confused:

We went back to the room after dinner at the Steakhouse. We decided to stay in for the rest of the night and watch Chicago PD and just relax :) It was a perfect end to a perfect day. This is the end of Day #5 onboard. Next up is our day in Ocho Rios, Jamaica

Edited by wrigley80