Wrigley80's Carnival Dream Repositioning Cruise Photo Review

wrigley80

CarnivalDream-April42014348_zps8855b02a.jpg

After lunch we headed back to the Ocean Plaza to play one more round of trivia....no luck winning on this one

Once trivia was over we headed outside to sit on the Lanai for a while. I order a Twilight Zone and we sat down for a while with our new friends Peggy, Laura, and Octavia from the roll call. I really started something with the Twilight Zone because Octavia and Peggy both ordered one.

Was alex from Minnesota doing any of the trivia games?

What a GREAT review girlee....thanks for taking me along on your MOST EXCELLENT ADVENTURE...

I was on the DREAM a few years back and loved her:D

I look forward to the rest of your review.

I just got off of the BREEZE Southern in March..I didn't want to get off the ship;)

CarnivalDream-April42014321_zps46acd302.jpg

We made it back to the Cruise Terminal.

CarnivalDream-April52014125_zps3a831db0.jpg

This is one of the little shops inside the cruise terminal

This was a wonderful tour and I highly recommend it. For the price of $25.00 per person we had a 5 hour tour with 4 stops and a city tour as well. If anyone wants the info for this tour just let me know I still have the guy's e-mail.

We left on our tour around 1:30 pm and we arrived back at the Cruise Terminal right at 6:30 pm. We had originally planned to go to Senor Frogs after the tour but Senor Frogs is all the way back by Palm Beach so we opted to just get back on the ship and head to dinner. We were starving at this point....our breakfast had worn off a long time ago :)

I would like the email. It will probably be next year before we can go to Aruba, but this is definitely one I want to do.

CarnivalDream-April42014250_zpsf09ac63b.jpg

The Blues Brothers are in Aruba too

CarnivalDream-April42014251_zpsae044c74.jpg

CarnivalDream-April42014252_zps6a4a174c.jpg

I thought this was interesting....a cigarette machine inside the little restaurant area. Definitely don't see those in the U.S. anymore

CarnivalDream-April42014253_zps003e2abc.jpg

LOVE THIS PICTURE.....my dad had to go wee wee but all he had was a $20.00 bill. He had to buy a pop to get a $1.00 bill before he could use the toilet. :p HAHA

CarnivalDream-April42014255_zpsbe86b458.jpg

We had to pay $1.00 to use the bathroom in St. Maarten last time I was there also. Same thing woman sitting at the door and you had to pay before she let you in, but then she wanted a tip when you were done too! CRAZY!

Now cruise ships don't do it often enough but I wish they stayed in port longer at night to night landscape pictures of the port city and of the ship. We were in port in Aruba from 1:00-10:00 pm

I Totally agree with you on this one! More cruises need to stay late in port. Not every port, but certain ones I would love to see the nightlife in as well. It would be almost like offering a whole new port on some sailings!

My first cruise we stayed in Cozumel until 10, it was awesome!! Spent the day at the beach, went back to the ship and changed, and then went out a drank lots of free tequilla until it was time to reboard. 2 ports for the price of one!!

That looks like him sitting there on the stage ,he was a hyper active guy but fun. He tell y'all he is getting married in June?

Yep that was Alex sitting on the stage. This trivia was a battle of the sexes. He said he was acting as the referee in case anyone got out of hand....haha.

He was very hyper but you could tell that he enjoyed what he did.

What a GREAT review girlee....thanks for taking me along on your MOST EXCELLENT ADVENTURE...

I was on the DREAM a few years back and loved her:D

I look forward to the rest of your review.

I just got off of the BREEZE Southern in March..I didn't want to get off the ship;)

You're welcome and thanks for coming along for the ride.

Yeah the Dream is a great ship. And when she goes in for the next dry dock to get the 2.0 upgrades it'll make it an awesome ship to cruise on.

Breeze is about the same size as the Dream right???

We had to pay $1.00 to use the bathroom in St. Maarten last time I was there also. Same thing woman sitting at the door and you had to pay before she let you in, but then she wanted a tip when you were done too! CRAZY!

anyway way to make a buck I guess. Tell the lady her tip was the $1.00. That surprises me in St. Maarten because St. Maarten is a prominent island but maybe it's a Dutch thing because Aruba and St. Maarten are both Dutch islands

I Totally agree with you on this one! More cruises need to stay late in port. Not every port, but certain ones I would love to see the nightlife in as well. It would be almost like offering a whole new port on some sailings!

My first cruise we stayed in Cozumel until 10, it was awesome!! Spent the day at the beach, went back to the ship and changed, and then went out a drank lots of free tequilla until it was time to reboard. 2 ports for the price of one!!

Other than Aruba the only other port that we have ever stayed late in was Nassau. But when you see the port at night it gives it a totally different vibe plus it's very cool to see all the lights of the ship reflecting off the water

Totally enjoying your review! We are sailing on the Dream in January. I am sure it will be nice and cold in Illinois when we go.

Thank You but please don't bring up the cold anymore.....hehe. We are still cold....it's May 2nd and it's only 42 degrees tonight.

The winter we had would drive a sober man to drink....LOL

You will love the Dream. And there is never a bad time to go on a cruise

Really enjoying your review Brianna! I am on the Dream 12/07/14 and am looking forward to meeting you and The King!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Thank You. Looking forward to meeting you as well. That's gonna be a really fun cruise. Are you on the roll call??

I love it that you're already referring to my dad as "The King".....he even has a crown that Dana bought him.

I just saw an ad for Southwest for $69 Check it out; we would love to have you and your dad on the Liberty with us.

dot and Harry

Yeah I checked Southwest today at work and the airfare is more than double the cruise price.

I'm so jealous of you guys in Florida

Forgot to ask what you thought of Hennie. I knew you weren't thrilled to have him pre cruise.

He was better this time but his jokes are still so dry and boring. We learned on this cruise that he is a fill-in for cruise directors when the original on each cruise go on their vacations.

On the last day he held a Q&A in the Ocean Plaza. A few people asked him questions that he kind of brushed off and didn't want to answer. More on that a little later.....

Would love the info on your excursion in Aruba. Will be going there on the Splendor in October............how do I contact youfor info on the Banana tour?

The website for the Banana Bus tour is http://www.bananabusaruba.com

The owners name is Burt Kelkboom. Go to the "contact us" form and send him an e-mail. It was a wonderful tour

If you have any more questions about the tour don't hesitate to ask

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

You would take the City of New Orleans train (something like that:)) Anyway, take from Chicago to New Orleans. You would probably leave early night (we catch it in Champaign at 10:30 p.m.) It then arrives the next afternoon about 3:30 p.m. For overnight ones we usually get a roomette.

You're welcome and thanks for coming along for the ride.

Yeah the Dream is a great ship. And when she goes in for the next dry dock to get the 2.0 upgrades it'll make it an awesome ship to cruise on.

Breeze is about the same size as the Dream right???

Yes....almost...the Breeze has a few feet on the Dream though. Also has all the Bells and Whistles....LOVED LOVED LOVED the Breeze decor... Didn't care for pay Italian restaurant though..

Not to high jack your review :)

Keep those pics and quirky comments coming... You are so blessed to cruise with your Dad. Enjoy those times and make great memories. I hope our paths cross someday on a cruise. I know we would have some serious fun!!!

You would take the City of New Orleans train (something like that:)) Anyway, take from Chicago to New Orleans. You would probably leave early night (we catch it in Champaign at 10:30 p.m.) It then arrives the next afternoon about 3:30 p.m. For overnight ones we usually get a roomette.

Yeah it is the City of New Orleans route. It leaves Chicago around 8:30 pm and arrives into New Orleans at 3:30 pm. It sounds like a fun way to travel and an interesting way to see the sights along the way.

When we drive I do all the driving so it would be nice to just sit back and enjoy the trip.

Thanks for getting back to me

Yes....almost...the Breeze has a few feet on the Dream though. Also has all the Bells and Whistles....LOVED LOVED LOVED the Breeze decor... Didn't care for pay Italian restaurant though..

Not to high jack your review :)

Keep those pics and quirky comments coming... You are so blessed to cruise with your Dad. Enjoy those times and make great memories. I hope our paths cross someday on a cruise. I know we would have some serious fun!!!

I'm sure I'll get on the Breeze at some point. My goal is to get onboard every Carnival ship.....I am at 14 different ships.

Yes I am making some wonderful memories with my dad. We have a lot of great times together. It definitely makes the cruise more enjoyable knowing that I am with my best friend.

I definitely hope that our paths cross on a cruise. I love meeting new people and making new friends