NCL Getaway - April 12-19 trip pics

TheSeaDragon

How'd you get the bridge pic?

The behind the scenes tour includes a visit to the bridge. It was the best part of the tour and the bridge is state of the art. Tour costs $79 per person and max group of 16 people. There were 4 tours during the trip I believe.

I am blown away by your photos. The colors are incredible. Could you share what type of camera you used? I think the harbor shot of St Thomas is my absolute fav. Maho Beach is a close second though.

Wow, just wow.

Thank you! I really enjoy photography and I like punchy colors (as you can see). My main camera is the Panasonic GH3 and that is what I used for almost all of the photos. I also have a Panasonic TS5 which is a small rugged point and shoot. I used it for last 3 photos above (Blue Lagoon and the 2 pics of the Getaway).

Edited by TheSeaDragon

Wonderful pictures! I am taking my 11 year old gd on July 5th....she wants to go to Moho Beach....I have been thinking about booking with Bernard's Tours(I have booked with him several times and always enjoyed it)....did y'all book with Bernard's or take a cab?

How bad was the noise or exhaust from the planes at Maho. This is on our list this time. Do we need earplugs?

The noise and exhaust isn't bad. Mind you, if you stand behind the planes when they are taking off, well of course you will be jet washed with exhaust. The planes are noisy when taking off, but landing isn't very loud as the engines are not throttled up.

Also, the planes come in mostly around the noon hour so it's not like they are landing constantly all day. The rest of the day, it's just a normal beach from what I could see.

Wonderful pictures! I am taking my 11 year old gd on July 5th....she wants to go to Moho Beach....I have been thinking about booking with Bernard's Tours(I have booked with him several times and always enjoyed it)....did y'all book with Bernard's or take a cab?

Thanks! We just took a cab to and from the airport. It was $8 per person each way. It's a small van full of people instead of a car with just one family in it.

We just made sure we headed back to the port a couple hours before all aboard. The roads can become congested there and cause delays in getting around. Especially when all the planes land around noon and there are 5 cruise ships in port.

The shot of the harbor in St. Thomas looks familiar. I think I have almost that exact same shot--different ships, of course--from when I went to STT on Epic last year. :) It's a beautiful shot from the top of the point. Were the renovations up there finished?

You're tempting me even more to do Getaway next year. Just to try her Studios and see how they compare to Epic's, of course. :D

Okay, now you're just showing off.;) JK! More please!

Thanks for the info on the camera. Unfortunately, just a little out of my price range for the GH3. My DS loves photography and has some rather pricey equipment. Definitely going to show him your pics. I feel most certain he'll be interested in the equipment as well.

We will be on this ship in just over two weeks and your photos have seriously ramped up the anticipation level. I could truly look at these for hours.

Pictures are fantastic! Makes me want to go on Getaway again next year.

How did you get the overhead view picture of someone's amazing house in St. Thomas with the semicircle infinity pool? I want that house and pool. Although I guess if you were able to get a shot of it, it's not that private.

thank you for your wonderful pictures. They bring back a lot of very fond memories. I had the great joy of being on Her from Southampton to New York City. Did any of the staff members stand out to you?

Wow, you were on the Atlantic crossing? That would have been amazing.

Yes, a couple of crew members stood out to us and we filled out the "vacation hero" cards before the end of our cruise. One was a waitress at Ocean Blue who made my wife's birthday a very enjoyable occasion. The other was our cabin steward who was a really nice person.

In fact, the whole crew seemed very happy and in a good mood. What a great crew the Getaway has.

Okay, now you're just showing off.;) JK! More please!

Thanks for the info on the camera. Unfortunately, just a little out of my price range for the GH3. My DS loves photography and has some rather pricey equipment. Definitely going to show him your pics. I feel most certain he'll be interested in the equipment as well.

We will be on this ship in just over two weeks and your photos have seriously ramped up the anticipation level. I could truly look at these for hours.

Two weeks to go? Oh, I envy you. We just came back and already wish we were doing it all over again. Have a GREAT cruise! :)