Beverage Package wine discount in MDR?

FlaIce

Looking for feedback on using the beverage package 20% discount on bottles of wine purchased in the MDR? (Per the RC pdf: "Enjoy 20% off bottles of wine with the Select, Premium and Ultimate package").

More specifically I'll have the Premium package and will be ordering wine by the glass for myself. I'd like to order a bottle using the package discount for the members of my party without the bev package. Would this violate the package no-sharing policy?

Looking for feedback on using the beverage package 20% discount on bottles of wine purchased in the MDR? (Per the RC pdf: "Enjoy 20% off bottles of wine with the Select, Premium and Ultimate package").

More specifically I'll have the Premium package and will be ordering wine by the glass for myself. I'd like to order a bottle using the package discount for the members of my party without the bev package. Would this violate the package no-sharing policy?

No, I don't believe that sharing a bottle of wine would violate the no-sharing policy of he package. Even though you're getting a discount (only 5% since you have to pay 15% gratuity), you're still paying for each bottle and my guess is that's the difference that makes sharing OK.

Edited by clarea

No, I don't believe that sharing a bottle of wine would violate the no-sharing policy of he package. Even though you're getting a discount (only 5% since you have to pay 15% gratuity), you're still paying for each bottle and my guess is that's the difference that makes sharing OK.

The discount is 20%. The gratuity is charged on either the full price or reduced price so it is moot. I know there are no $10 bottles of wine but it works as an illustration i.e. $10 + 15% gratuity = $11.50. $10 @ 20% off is $8 + 15% gratuity = $9.20 for a savings of $2.30 (20%!).

Harry

Edited by traveling1969

Thanks for the response. The overall experience will come down to how the waiter or sommelier handles serving both by the glass and bottle, but I'll plan on saving some money as I treat my in-laws to a bottle of wine.

The discount is 20%. The gratuity is charged on either the full price or reduced price so it is moot. I know there are no $10 bottles of wine but it works as an illustration i.e. $10 + 15% gratuity = $11.50. $10 @ 20% off is $8 + 15% gratuity = $9.20 for a savings of $2.30 (20%!).

Harry

Unless ... They add the 15% to the $10 = $11.50; and then subtract the $2 discount ($10 x 80% = $2), leaving a cost of $9.50. So, there can be a difference, depending where they choose to introduce the discount into the calculation. Hmmm, where would the "bean-counter" place the discount? :rolleyes:

Ray in NH

Unless ... They add the 15% to the $10 = $11.50; and then subtract the $2 discount ($10 x 80% = $2), leaving a cost of $9.50. So, there can be a difference, depending where they choose to introduce the discount into the calculation. Hmmm, where would the "bean-counter" place the discount? :rolleyes:

Ray in NH

It's a percentage discount, not a dollar amount. No bean-counter worth his green visor would EVER apply the discount after the gratuity is added. Having availed ourselves of this discount in the past, I can assure you that the charge for that hypothetical $10 bottle of wine would be $9.20.

You know writing and figuring are exhausting. I think I'll go have a hypothetical martini!;)

Harry

On my 3/15 Indy sailing I was drinking mixed drinks in the MDR and ordered a bottle of wine for the ladies at the table....no problem.