New Promo: 123 Days of Summer Sailings

botbienvn

Just received $300 price reduction thank to this sale tonight!

Note: "Offer is applicable on 5 to 8 day Caribbean sailings that depart between June and August 2014."

Check your cruise!

I'm fairly new to this whole blog thing but what if you already booked and put your deposit down, can you still get discounts or current promotions if there are any for your specific sailing?

Me 😃

I'm fairly new to this whole blog thing but what if you already booked and put your deposit down, can you still get discounts or current promotions if there are any for your specific sailing?

Me

It depends on what fare you booked and how close to sailing you are.

If you booked early saver, then you can submit a price drop form on Carnival's site until a couple days before you sail and they'll either deduct the difference from your balance, or give you onboard credit after final payment.

If you booked another fare type like past guest or a promo rate, they will usually let you adjust up until final payment (unless you booked some type of non-refundable promo or no-changes type deal.) There are some exceptions where folks have been told new bookings only on some of the sales. Contact whoever you booked with for help if you see a price drop in this case.

No luch for me... Per Carnival my room category for the new offer is more than I paid on ES. Plus the website makes it appear that this offer is a "cabin assigned before sailing" promo... Anyone else have a similar experience?

No luch for me... Per Carnival my room category for the new offer is more than I paid on ES. Plus the website makes it appear that this offer is a "cabin assigned before sailing" promo... Anyone else have a similar experience?

I kept the same cabin that I had booked with (we have our kids traveling in the cabin across the hall so didnt want to change cabins) - I actually spoke to a super nice lady and she helped take care of all 3 cabins with no issues!

Tam

No one should feel bad if they dont get a price drop with the new promotion. This just means you were a great shopper and paid a better rate when you bought, then the current promotions is offering, so for those without a price drop, you actually have a cheaper rate then anyone who is eligible for a price drop..

I checked the price last night at midnight and called right away. At that time you could pick your own room. I checked again this morning and now it is assigned cabins only! I sure am glad I decided to take the time to call late last night!

This promo is a considerable savings for out family; however, it was my understanding that if you price match to this sort of promo, you lose your room and Carnival gets to pick a new one for you. We like our Empress Deck, Midship location and have family in the interior across the hall....

I would love to call up my TA and turn in a price protection form, but do not want to lose my room. Would I be able to price match AND keep my room???

Thanks!

Sara

I checked the price last night at midnight and called right away. At that time you could pick your own room. I checked again this morning and now it is assigned cabins only! I sure am glad I decided to take the time to call late last night!

Congrats! It would of resulted in an $80 creidt for me... I am going to try again and see if I get a different answer. If not, oh well! I'll keep looking!

Wow! Thanks for the heads up. I just called, and I saved a smidge over $820 on two Oceanview 6C cabins on the Splendor August 4th. And my final payment date, which was May 21st, is now July 5th. I will still most likely pay it off way before then, but the extra wiggle room is very nice.

We kept the same rooms.

Woo hoo!!!

are you getting the price rate reduction even if it is a gty booking offered? I'm confused! On my sailing on the Valor in August, it is only offering this sale on gty cabins...we are booked, and don't really care if we stay in same cabin...so I wonder how this may work for me? The price drop is just over $200 from what I paid!

Oh wow! Good thing I decided to check at midnight as well and I called as soon as I saw it.

So I did get the reduction and kept my room but in trying again just not - if I choose more offers when selecting rate, it has two options for 123 Days of Summer rate - they are a hundred dollar difference and one (more expensive) lets me pick my room and one (lower rate) is a gyt rate.

Hmmmm.... I would keep trying

Tam

are you getting the price rate reduction even if it is a gty booking offered? I'm confused! On my sailing on the Valor in August, it is only offering this sale on gty cabins...we are booked, and don't really care if we stay in same cabin...so I wonder how this may work for me? The price drop is just over $200 from what I paid!

This sale comes with two different rates. Make sure you click on "other rates," because there are definitely two. One that allows you to pick your room and one that doesn't. Of course the rate where you pick your own room is more expensive. We have two cabins. One Lido Balcony would be $125 cheaper with this sale, but only with the guarantee rate. Not worth it for that, but if it was more we probably would switch.