The Cheapy McCheapsters spend Spring Break on the Carnival Breeze.

tammymacb

The girls were having a great time meeting friends, but I was ready to get home.

So I think writing this TR makes it sound like I didn't like the cruise.

Yes it does. I know that some is tongue in cheek but it does indeed sound like you were miserable most of the time. Glad to hear that you did enjoy some parts!

I completely agree with FLA Senior, take her review with a grain of salt.

We were in Miami last week, stayed in the same Hampton Inn and took the same shuttle at 11:00 am to the beautiful Carnival Breeze. (There was absolutely nothing wrong with this hotel or the shuttle and we normally book Embassy Suites everywhere we go) We were on the same cruise, went to Jack's Shack in Grand Turk and watched the same dog, we road the very same boat (#1 I bet) to Saona Island in Dominican Republic (loved every minute of it and we enjoyed the beer and diet coke and all the food provided - nothing wrong with the bathrooms either) we even went on the exact same dark Blue windowless bus in Curacao. By the way we found that most of the shops closed early so we probably won't take an early tour next time.

We have been on the Breeze (3) times in the last 13 months, so you can probably guess that we love this ship and we enjoy Carnival. We consider ourselves young "empty nesters" at 49 and 51, so we've actually felt too young for the majority of the crowd on Princess, Royal Caribbean and Norweigen. We enjoyed our Spa Cabin and certainly enjoyed the wonderful Serenity Deck (which we felt was quiet). We love the Red Frog Pub and having a cold draft beer, the burrito bar and Guy's Burger's are both a great upgrade.

We choose Carnival because we feel that you get more cabin for the money and our room steward was wonderful last week. We usually get Aft Balcony or Ocean View Deluxe, although we have stayed in an inside cabin before. You simply get what you pay for.

We love the Steakhouse (my husband raised cattle and studied beef management in college and understands what good Beef taste like), we enjoyed 2 nights at the Italian Restaurant and they called us by name both nights by all employee's we interacted with. Our dining room experience was one of the best we've ever had last week. We asked for a table of two and felt that we had one of the best seats in the dining room. It was just an email away! The food hasn't changed much in the last 8 years that we have been sailing Carnival, it's fine and I'm not cooking so I'm not going to bash it.

So, as you can see, two different families with virually the very same vacation can have two complete different views. I think most people on Cruise Critic are truly looking for information that will make their vacation a wonderful experience. Things happen from time to time, but when someone comments that they can't wait to get off the boat, I loose interest in their review pretty quick.

Actually Jolly Pirates are probably glad this group missed the boat as they would have been bashed also.

Just my thoughts!

KU Cruiser

Edited by KU Cruiser

You missed your calling...you should be a "stand up" comedienne. Nice review. We were on the Breeze in the Med, loved the ship. CCL's food has definitely declined, in choice and quality over the years, but we feel it is still better than on Princess, RCI and NCL.....but that is just our opinion.

We were in Miami last week, stayed in the same Hampton Inn and took the same shuttle at 11:00 am to the beautiful Carnival Breeze. (There was absolutely nothing wrong with this hotel or the shuttle and we normally book Embassy Suites everywhere we go) We were on the same cruise, went to Jack's Shack in Grand Turk and watched the same dog, we road the very same boat (#1 I bet) to Saona Island in Dominican Republic (loved every minute of it and we enjoyed the beer and diet coke and all the food provided - nothing wrong with the bathrooms either) we even went on the exact same dark Blue windowless bus in Curacao. By the way we found that most of the shops closed early so we probably won't take an early tour next time.

Actually Jolly Pirates are probably glad this group missed the boat as they would have been bashed also.

Just my thoughts!

KU Cruiser

Exactly what of those things did I bash? Oh, and if you were on boat one to Sanoa, I'm sure you can tell everyone happened that made that trip out of the ordinary? I didn't include it in this TR because I didn't feel I needed to. :)

Tammymacb, loved your review. I'm not even doing this itinerary, but I took a look to see if my innate fear of cruising during spring break was silly. From the sounds of your review, I've made the right choice to cruise at other times during the year, since it seems many of the cons you noted may have been caused by peak capacity. But I laughed out loud many times while reading your comments, and I appreciate your honestly!

I totally agree with Tammy about the dining room...we were on the Breeze in October & the quality & service was terrible! We got a free cruise & are going on the Breeze again next week. We liked the itinerary & the ship as a whole. Beautiful decor & we did the trivia a lot & loved watching the karaoke. The cabin was nice & the staff were excellent. So we are going to eat at the steakhouse a couple of nights, the Italian one & prob the buffet. My best dining experience has been on Celebrity. My worst was a tie between the Breeze & a Norwegian ship.

Tammy, since you're a mojito drinker, can you tell me about the mojitos on the other cruise lines you've sailed? I can't stand Carnival's mojitos at all and a mojito is my drink of choice. Thanks in advance. And, your review was very entertaining.

I completely agree with FLA Senior, take her review with a grain of salt.

We have been on the Breeze (3) times in the last 13 months, so you can probably guess that we love this ship and we enjoy Carnival. We consider ourselves young "empty nesters" at 49 and 51, so we've actually felt too young for the majority of the crowd on Princess, Royal Caribbean and Norweigen. We enjoyed our Spa Cabin and certainly enjoyed the wonderful Serenity Deck (which we felt was quiet). We love the Red Frog Pub and having a cold draft beer, the burrito bar and Guy's Burger's are both a great upgrade.

We choose Carnival because we feel that you get more cabin for the money and our room steward was wonderful last week. We usually get Aft Balcony or Ocean View Deluxe, although we have stayed in an inside cabin before. You simply get what you pay for.

We love the Steakhouse (my husband raised cattle and studied beef management in college and understands what good Beef taste like), we enjoyed 2 nights at the Italian Restaurant and they called us by name both nights by all employee's we interacted with. Our dining room experience was one of the best we've ever had last week. We asked for a table of two and felt that we had one of the best seats in the dining room. It was just an email away! The food hasn't changed much in the last 8 years that we have been sailing Carnival, it's fine and I'm not cooking so I'm not going to bash it.

So, as you can see, two different families with virually the very same vacation can have two complete different views. I think most people on Cruise Critic are truly looking for information that will make their vacation a wonderful experience. Things happen from time to time, but when someone comments that they can't wait to get off the boat, I loose interest in their review pretty quick.

Just my thoughts!

KU Cruiser

Are you going to write your own review on your own thread.

OP nice review. Thanks for posting.

Tammy, since you're a mojito drinker, can you tell me about the mojitos on the other cruise lines you've sailed? I can't stand Carnival's mojitos at all and a mojito is my drink of choice. Thanks in advance. And, your review was very entertaining.

I'm very picky about Mojitos. :D I can't think of one that's stood out except for a few places you might hit in the Caribbean.

1- The "Green Place" down the road (on the ocean side) from Captain Don's on Bonaire. It's called a frozen pink mojito. They were delightful.

2- A little open bar in Cozumel. It's pretty much next to Margaritaville. Across from Mega. They have a bartender named Luis Herrera who makes a mean mojito with Cuban rum.

3- Lion's Dive in Curacao. I took a picture of that baby. The rum was Dominican and they used brown sugar and they were delightful.

( I wish I could have tried them at Jacks)