Where's Conquest?

Duncandad

Just received an email that seems to change my Feb 8/15 cruise from Conquest to Splendor. Any ideas what is up? The date, port, and itinerary remain the same.

Did they offer you any kind of compensation to change ships? I am booked on Conquest in March and I think that is what is going to happen to me but I haven't gotten an email yet.

Conquest is moving to Port Everglades effective 1/18/15. Anyone booked on it after that is being moved to Splendor. I'm wondering how that is going to work out for the first few cruises when there was a substantial amount of people booking both ships, and now they need to move all of the Conquest passengers to the Splendor. Then again I am not a logistics expert. Wonder about the compensation thing myself. We were booked on Conquest on 2/15/15 and picked our cabin on the deck we did for a reason. Seems to me if they can't match that we should get something for our troubles. Time will tell.

We had two balcony cabins booked on the lido deck side by side on the 1/18/2015 sailing of the Conquest. Just got our cabin assignments on the Splendor and they are side by side balconies on the spa deck. Got upgrade when they moved us to the Splendor.

totally bummed..was booked...and the email didn't state anything other than the usual cabin confirmation....only when I looked at it closely did i notice my cabin was changed as was the ship lol.

Not sure what I think about it. The Conquest is our fave ship.

Hmmm. tired of being on hold with ccl. i'll try to call later.

Did they offer you any kind of compensation to change ships? I am booked on Conquest in March and I think that is what is going to happen to me but I haven't gotten an email yet.

I got the email today....my MArch 8th Conquest switched me to Splendor. I called and cancelled it just now. I tried to switch back to my original ship but they said no.

So that left me confused. The lady from CCL said maintenance issues???? I said...you have MX issues a year out and you know about it? So then I wondered, another dry dock coming up? She just got out end of last year i thought. But Conquest doesn't show up anywhere for the month of March. hmmmmm.

Got my email about the ship change earlier this week for my Jan 25, 15 cruise. When I checked my account on Carnival, the room they moved me to of course is not the cabin I picked on the Conquest.

Kind of upset because I booked this cruise over a year out so I can pick the exact cabin I wanted.

Now that the ship has changed and Carnival picked my cabin, I notified my TA of my displeasure. I emailed her that either Carnival apply a serious on board credit for the change; get the original cabin I originally picked, or I'll cancel this sailing.

Yes, I know a room change is minor, but since my very first cruise, I have alway picked the same cabin and ship location. This changes things for me.

I'll wait to see what my TA comes up with.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Forums mobile app

Edited by anp25

Got ours too. We are a group of 8 and had all aft on the Conquest. We looked at all the ships, etc and chose that ship for a reason and are not real happy about it but what to do? And NO compensation, I asked my CCL person. We were really looking forward to the burger joint, etc. Oh well.

Is Conquest going to Port of Miami or Port Everglades?? I am booked on her in Sept out of POM. :confused::confused::confused:

The Conquest will be sailing from the Port of Miami until Jan of 2015 and then sailing from the Port Everglades, taking the Freedom's place which is moving to Galveston.

The Conquest will be sailing from the Port of Miami until Jan of 2015 and then sailing from the Port Everglades, taking the Freedom's place which is moving to Galveston.

Ok. Thanks.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk