Questions about aft cabins on Mille

itsanita

We are booked in aft cabins 9160 & 9162 on the Mille for a Med cruise in May, 2006. We have stayed in aft cabins on RC and loved them....so we are looking forward to trying these. We understand they are CC level as well.

One question is about noise, since we are right below the "Resort Deck". Will we be able to hear chairs etc above us all day and night?

The other is about the balcony, I understand they are quite large. Is there a table on the balcony large enough to eat on? Or just chairs and lounges?

Can't wait ...only 10 months to go!!

Anita

We are booked in aft cabins 9160 & 9162 on the Mille for a Med cruise in May, 2006. We have stayed in aft cabins on RC and loved them....so we are looking forward to trying these. We understand they are CC level as well.

One question is about noise, since we are right below the "Resort Deck". Will we be able to hear chairs etc above us all day and night?

The other is about the balcony, I understand they are quite large. Is there a table on the balcony large enough to eat on? Or just chairs and lounges?

Anita

The only time we've really noted the chair movement was around 11:30pm at night as they rearranged for the next morning. If you leave your slider open, you'll be able to enjoy a bit of the light guitar that is usually played on 10 aft in the evenings. Even during the clean-up, the noise wasn't much at all.

The balcony is indeed HUGE. The table isn't huge, but we've eaten on ours any number of times.

Check the pictures in the signature link below. The veranda shown in the FV pics is the same, but gives you an even better sense of the size. Use the CC cabin for cabin shots.

You're going to love these cabins!

Anita

Hi Anita,

You must be on the 5/26/05 cruise. We have cabins 9201, 9164, 9160 and 9162 booked for the 5/14/06 cruise.

We love these cabins, and have stayed in them many times, and have never had a problem.

We promise to keep them in good shape for you.

Mari

thanks...we won't worry then .

I tried to get onto "the signature link" to look at the pictures, but I don't know where to look??

If you click on that http link at the end of my message, it'll take you to two groups of pictures. One is for aft CC, one is for FV. The veranda in the FV pics is the same as what the CC's have with a little more idea of the size.

If you click on that http link at the end of my message, it'll take you to two groups of pictures. One is for aft CC, one is for FV. The veranda in the FV pics is the same as what the CC's have with a little more idea of the size.

Still don't see any http link. When you get a minute, would you put the link in again. I would love to see the pictures.

Thanks

Still don't see any http link. When you get a minute, would you put the link in again. I would love to see the pictures.

Thanks

WAY too strange. Here it is in the message body. You should also see it at the very bottom of this message, down below the countdown clocks.

http://community.webshots.com/user/ecandersonii

It's right above this line. Can you see it?

I suspect that itsanita doesn't have the Show Signatures box checked in the User CP Edit Options area.

itsanita, I have several lines in my signature, including an e-mail line and 2 links. Can you see them? If not, then I am almost sure I'm right. If not, then I am absolutely wrong. (Wouldn't be the first time).

I also read some time ago that these balconies get wet due to cleaning off the deck above. Anyone familiar with this claim? Thanks for the pictures and the balcony does look shaded. Could be the time the pics were taken? By the way, we are set to sail 5/26 and are next door neighbors to itsanita.

I also read some time ago that these balconies get wet due to cleaning off the deck above. Anyone familiar with this claim? Thanks for the pictures and the balcony does look shaded. Could be the time the pics were taken? By the way, we are set to sail 5/26 and are next door neighbors to itsanita.

The balconies do sometimes get wet in the early morning hours, but we found that everything dried quickly. The balcony on deck nine does have a lot of shade, but mid day the sun will be on part of the deck. If you want sun, just move your chair closer to the rail.

Mari

Yes. They are very noizy. But you have to open the sliding glass doors to hear it.

That darn musican they have playing on the back of the boat from 6 till 10 pm every night is a big bother.

Soft sounds coming down into the cabin as you prepare for dinner.

The other thing that should annoy you is the service in cabin. Each night plying you with plates of hordirves. Like your not going to eat in a short while. Like they would give you 3 plates a night if you asked.

Like they will not clean you cabin and deck area spotless if you have others in for a few drinks or a glass of Champagne or two before dinner.

Like that great overhead protector that covers about ten to tweleve feet of your 18 foor veranda.

For more bad news on those pesky aft cabins see this review.

http://www.cruisecritic.com/memberreviews/memberreview.cfm?EntryID=9702

Seriously... We were in cabin 9201.

The cabins are a great treat.

Service is unmatched.

Canderson, you have to tell people to click on your Name, then Public Profile...your links do not show up directly on the board.
Strange -- they show up here, and others have grabbed them.

Please do me a favor. Do you see, below my countdown clocks, the following line of text?

"Ever wonder what one of those Millennium class ship Family View cabins or aft CC cabins looks like? See pics at "

That line appears directly above the line that contains the link. I'm wondering if folks who have the VB3 mode turned off are not seeing links.

I suspect that itsanita doesn't have the Show Signatures box checked in the User CP Edit Options area.

itsanita, I have several lines in my signature, including an e-mail line and 2 links. Can you see them? If not, then I am almost sure I'm right. If not, then I am absolutely wrong. (Wouldn't be the first time).

You were right!!! I went in and "added" that option...and it all shows now.

Thanks

Click on User CP which is in the upper left hand corner of this page. Then go to Edit Options which is on the left hand side of your screen under the Control Panel section (in the Settings & Options area). Scroll down to Thread Display Options and look at the section called Visible Post Elements. Check the Show Signatures box.

Boats and Fish and Helmets Oh My! But it only took 5 steps to do it, no wonder I never figured it out.

How do you get smilies in the posts? By accident once I typed colon paren :) and a smiley came up, but how do you get all the other faces - the red, blue, green, purple ones that have the different expressions? I see them all listed below, but when I click on one it just shows up in my title...watch...(see - purple sad face above!)

Boats and Fish and Helmets Oh My! But it only took 5 steps to do it, no wonder I never figured it out.

How do you get smilies in the posts? By accident once I typed colon paren :) and a smiley came up, but how do you get all the other faces - the red, blue, green, purple ones that have the different expressions? I see them all listed below, but when I click on one it just shows up in my title...watch...(see - purple sad face above!)

Use the ones to the right of the message you're typing -- those are the ones that get placed into your message. The ones below are for the post.

I've maximized my screen, pulled it all the way over, and there is NOTHING to the right of the message I'm typing. The area is bigger white on the right than on the left, but it is blank.

Sorry to be a pain.

In your User CP, Edit Options, be sure all of the following items are checked, that last one in particular.

Visible Post Elements

You have the option to show or hide various elements of messages, which may be of use to users on slow internet connections, or who want to remove extraneous clutter from posts.

• Show Signatures
  • Show Avatars
  • Show Images (including attached images and images in code)

Yes. They are very noizy. But you have to open the sliding glass doors to hear it.

That darn musican they have playing on the back of the boat from 6 till 10 pm every night is a big bother.

Soft sounds coming down into the cabin as you prepare for dinner.

The other thing that should annoy you is the service in cabin. Each night plying you with plates of hordirves. Like your not going to eat in a short while. Like they would give you 3 plates a night if you asked.

Like they will not clean you cabin and deck area spotless if you have others in for a few drinks or a glass of Champagne or two before dinner.

Like that great overhead protector that covers about ten to tweleve feet of your 18 foor veranda.

For more bad news on those pesky aft cabins see this review.

http://www.cruisecritic.com/memberreviews/memberreview.cfm?EntryID=9702

Seriously... We were in cabin 9201.

The cabins are a great treat.

Service is unmatched.

Your review was great, thanks for taking so much time. You gave us a great picture of the entire ship! Sound like you had a great time.

Archived