Changes to check in at Southampton

miss travel

I just saw this link posted by P&O on their Facebook page - explains why the allocated check-in times are in force, even though we've not been given one!

http://www.southampton.gov.uk/s-environment/future/ccplans/cruisepassengers.aspx

Thanks for this. As we sail in mid-November, we are just hoping that the work is finished early!

I just saw this link posted by P&O on their Facebook page - explains why the allocated check-in times are in force, even though we've not been given one!

http://www.southampton.gov.uk/s-environment/future/ccplans/cruisepassengers.aspx

I understand the road works are outside Dock Gate 4 (Ocean Terminal) used by P&O. Celebrity use the City Terminal. Those accessing the City Terminal should mostly be coming from the other direction.

Im still confused that my edocs say the timed check in is due to refurbishment of the terminal, nothing about road works.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Rubydoobydoo has posted a thread today saying she arrived at 11am for her Eclipse departure from Southampton, got straight on with no traffic or queues. Seems Celebrity are trying to stagger arrivals but are not enforcing the check in times as stated.

• 4 weeks later...

Updating this thread with our May 10th experience. We had received the staggered check in times, our was 12.45 however we arrived at 11.00 and were onboard within 10 mins. No one bothered checking our deck number at all.

Updating this thread with our May 10th experience. We had received the staggered check in times, our was 12.45 however we arrived at 11.00 and were onboard within 10 mins. No one bothered checking our deck number at all.

Thanks for the update.

• 1 month later...
We sail from Southampton in 2 months and we have been given a check-in time of 11.30 - 15.30 .. it's our first time with Celebrity so we aren't Captain's Club members and we are in a regular veranda cabin.

I understand that improvements were being made to the approaches to the port /cruise terminals (I guess with ensuing traffic congestion), but they were due to be finished about now, so maybe that's why we haven't been given a time slot :confused:

Hi there

Ours also shows 11.30 - 3.30 on the third page Cruise Summary page of the E-Docs - but further down on the next page it shows the times for each deck to board - does your e-doc not show this second section?

As we're a guarantee cabin, don't know what deck yet, but plan to get there early anyway - and will see :)

Nyree

This June 21st departure I don't even remember what time we were told to show up but we got there at about noon, zero wait.

The Eclipse was at the closest terminal to the train station and we could have walked. (took a cab for a few pounds)

One of the speediest boarding we have ever experienced. :)

29moe89.jpg

imqjyd.jpg