4Js on the Freedom

I'm sure you will love it. And being able to go out on the forward decks is a bonus... be careful though for when the ship is really moving, it gets very windy on the deck. Also, make sure you close your drapes since people who wander up to these decks can see in :)

Yikes! I was under the impression that people couldn't see in your room during the day because of some one way film, no?

The "secret" deck is accessible via doors from the hallway and not directly from the cabins. It is actually a double-door air-lock type of approach, one door leading to the hallway, and a second door leading to the outside.

The only thing with the 4Js is that if you get them ES, the odds are you won't see any price reductions. Plus, if you do book one of the 4J HA rooms, and they need to bounce you out, you are most likely going to get a OV room on decks 1 or 2.

Yeah, I was worried about that. I figured since there aren't that many 4Js that most likely we won't see a price reduction. Oh, well, I'm just glad I booked when I did because I'm sure we'll see a price increase on this cruise! But I have my Carnival Mastercard to get some OBC, plus birthday (Dec. 19) and Christmas presents of cruise cash from family!

Not sure... Haven't been in one of the 4Js for a couple of years now... I do have one booked for Jan 2015. But when I've gone up on deck in the mornings and evenings for the sunrise/sunset, I do seem to recall being able to look into the rooms...

Just something to be aware of.... Other than that, it is a great place to be on the ship :)

Not sure... Haven't been in one of the 4Js for a couple of years now... I do have one booked for Jan 2015. But when I've gone up on deck in the mornings and evenings for the sunrise/sunset, I do seem to recall being able to look into the rooms...

Just something to be aware of.... Other than that, it is a great place to be on the ship :)

I plan to do a test with DH. One of us will go out to the secret deck and one will stay in the room and wave around. Lol! ;)

We have been in 4J's on the Dream, Magic and Triumph. On the Dream earlier in the month we were on Deck 6, I went back to the cabin one evening while the show was going on. From the 4J cabins fwd back to the cross hallway located 6 cabins back either side of the ship all was quiet. For the next fifteen cabins back to the forward stairway you could clearly hear the music clearly, the volume level was like a radio being turned up loud. Enough to keep you awake if you are a light sleeper. Deck 7 does not have this problem.

When going into the waves and wind there can be a lot of banging noise from the ships bow hitting the waves, although it has to be very rough for the noise to get really aggravating. When going with the wind and waves behind the ship there is no noise. Typically, going south from the Gulf coast there is usually some noise, coming back is quieter.

Yes, you can see into the cabins, both during the day and at night. However they do have two curtains, one is heavy and lightproof, the other is a net curtain that obscures the view while letting daylight in. If dancing around after a shower use both curtains, if sitting down having a glass of wine and feeling smug about having such a great cabin at such a low price use the net curtain.

If possible try not to get the cabins immediately adjacent to the exterior doors, there always seems to be some people who don't realize that if you just let go of the door it's going to make a loud banging noise, and no, it's not always the kids, some grown ups don't seem to have a clue.

The only complaint I've heard was when I put the camp followers in one of these cabins on deck 7, they said it was to far to walk to the buffet. I told them they should be thanking me for all the weight they lost going back and forward but they didn't see any humor in that.

We have been in 4J's on the Dream, Magic and Triumph. On the Dream earlier in the month we were on Deck 6, I went back to the cabin one evening while the show was going on. From the 4J cabins fwd back to the cross hallway located 6 cabins back either side of the ship all was quiet. For the next fifteen cabins back to the forward stairway you could clearly hear the music clearly, the volume level was like a radio being turned up loud. Enough to keep you awake if you are a light sleeper. Deck 7 does not have this problem.

When going into the waves and wind there can be a lot of banging noise from the ships bow hitting the waves, although it has to be very rough for the noise to get really aggravating. When going with the wind and waves behind the ship there is no noise. Typically, going south from the Gulf coast there is usually some noise, coming back is quieter.

Yes, you can see into the cabins, both during the day and at night. However they do have two curtains, one is heavy and lightproof, the other is a net curtain that obscures the view while letting daylight in. If dancing around after a shower use both curtains, if sitting down having a glass of wine and feeling smug about having such a great cabin at such a low price use the net curtain.

If possible try not to get the cabins immediately adjacent to the exterior doors, there always seems to be some people who don't realize that if you just let go of the door it's going to make a loud banging noise, and no, it's not always the kids, some grown ups don't seem to have a clue.

The only complaint I've heard was when I put the camp followers in one of these cabins on deck 7, they said it was to far to walk to the buffet. I told them they should be thanking me for all the weight they lost going back and forward but they didn't see any humor in that.

I'm thinking we probably won't be back to our room until the shows in the main show lounge are over, so that is good.

"If dancing around after a shower use both curtains, if sitting down having a glass of wine and feeling smug about having such a great cabin at such a low price use the net curtain." Lol! Love it! :D

• 4 months later...
I cant find any pictures of your cabin 6201. I did find 6204 which shows the bed in front of the window. 6205 and 6206 shows the bed across from the window.

I am guessing that 6201 will have the bed in front of the window because cabins 6201-6204 all look to have the same cabin configuration. 6205 and 6206 are the corner cabins and are configured differently.

The secret deck is nice but VERY windy. I have been out there several times but never sat on the benches but I would think that sitting down would protect you from some of the wind.

Where did u happen to find pictures of rooms 6205 and 6206??..we have both these booked for a freedom cruise Feb.2015??