Wedding Song

jusilva

Everyday a new question and a new search comes up! I want to walk down the aisle in a very remarkable song....which I don't which one to choose....and sometimes I just want to go traditional! What are your weddings songs??

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Are married on the ship or island? My songs were:

Walking down the isle: Traditional wedding march but it was done by a steel drum player (we really wanted the island feel) We also had a steel drum player the entire cocktail hour

First Dance: She's my kind of crazy by Brantley Gilbert

Father dance: Just Fishing by Trace Atkins

Mother dance: Mama's song (don't know who sang that)

Cake Cutting : Hey Pretty Girl by Kip Moore

Two last songs: Bottoms up by Brantley Gilbert and Friends in Low Places by Garth Brooks

I can tell you they were the only country songs played at our reception but we had a 4 hour reception and if your on the ship and only have an hour you really want to mix it up. Friends in Low places was a big hit because everyone was just on the dance floor yelling it at the top of their lungs.

Thank you for sharing your songs! I am getting married on embarkation day in Tampa! I want to be different but not too crazy lol. I thought about somewhere over the rainbow to walk down the aisle...a little different!

I like the idea of Garth Brooks!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I had the following:

When I walked down the aisle. "A Thousand Years" by Christina Perry

I loved it and so did all of my guests.

My sister is using that one in August (my wedding is in June). I thought about using it (before she decided on it), but decided against it mainly because everyone seems to be using it now.

We also want to be a bit different and stay away from the typical songs. Our music tastes are all over the place. I like rock, metal, goth, and country. FI usually listens to rap and rock, but is starting to like some country. And we wanted songs that have meaningful lyrics. We aren't 100% decided yet, but here's what we are currently thinking:

Walking down aisle: Instrumental/Piano version of Nothing Else Matters by Metallica (you can make almost any song sound wedding-y if its instrumental).

After ceremony: Still undecided, but currently thinking maybe Star Wars... something upbeat that will make people laugh

First Dance: I Won't Give Up by Jason Mraz

Father Daughter Dance: I Loved Her First by Heartland

Somewhere during reception (not sure when): Fish by Craig Campbell

And FI likes Brad Paisley, so will probably play something by him... not sure if we want something romantic or funny. We are currently thinking The Cigar Song, since there are a few of our guests looking forward to smoking some Cuban cigars on the trip. So that could make a good warning for not trying to bring them home. :D

OMG! We almost went with instrumental version of "Sweet Child of Mine" by Guns N Roses but then went with Thousand Years because the lyrics and pace were perfect. I like your choices and if your FI likes them...

For fun, we did the last minute of "Life Would Suck Without You" by Kelly Clarkson when we kissed and walked down together.

For our entrance to the reception, we walked in to "Bang Your Head"

For our first dance, we danced to "Promise" by Romeo Santos and Usher (we met salsa dancing).

I like that you are choosing songs that are meaningful to you.

OMG! We almost went with instrumental version of "Sweet Child of Mine" by Guns N Roses but then went with Thousand Years because the lyrics and pace were perfect. I like your choices and if your FI likes them...

I agree that A Thousand Years is a great song for wedding. It really does have the right speed, beat, and lyrics.

We agree (to some extent) on most types of music... or at least can tolerate most types. We have agreed on no goth music (he can't stand it) and no rap/R&B (I can't stand it) for the wedding though. Other than those genre's we agree on pretty much everything. And we figure that there isn't too much that is easily customizable with the cruise wedding, but music is the one big area that we can make the wedding feel like us. So, we want songs that portray who we are and our relationship, regardless of genre or if they are typical wedding songs.

Walking down the isle: Traditional wedding march but it was done by a steel drum player (we really wanted the island feel)

I am getting married 12/19/14 on the island of Grand Turk via Carnival.

I need to know how to go about getting a Steel Drum player for the ceremony?!

I am getting married 12/19/14 on the island of Grand Turk via Carnival.

I need to know how to go about getting a Steel Drum player for the ceremony?!

Sorry, I cant really help out. My wedding planner gave us the option of steel drum, keyboard, or guitar with our package. We jumped on steel drum very quickly. I grew up with a restaurant across the canal in town that had players every weekend night. Meant a lot to me to have them for our wedding.

We're doing two instrumental versions of songs from Twilight.. My march will be Christina Perri - A Thousand Years (Piano/Cello Cover). And for music before I walk out will be Breaking Dawn Soundtrack Turning Page Instrumental Sleeping at Last. Both are beautiful.

We're still deciding on our first dance, its between Brad Paisley "She's Everything" John Legend "All of Me" or Never Gonna Be Alone- Nickleback.

For our entrance into reception & we'll dance to for a bit will be Bruno Mars "Marry You". I won't be doing a father/daughter dance since my dad won't be walking me so I'll be surprising my mom with Carrie Underwood's Mamma's Song. Here's some other songs I want played at reception:

Only you can love me this way- keith urban

Harry Connick Jr - The Way You Look Tonight

Wonderful tonight - Eric Clapton

Best Day Yet-Blue Confession

Never Gonna Be Alone- Nickleback

Mirrors-JT

Marry Me-Train

Michael Buble- Everything

Marry you-Bruno Mars

Kesha-Timber

Lets get it started- black eyed peas

Forever-chris brown