One hesitation about Sunshine

my1stcruise

I'm not too concerned about smells, water buckets, or having to show up for shows early because of small venues. However, my one concern would be the small size of the pool. We'll have our 3 kids with us who will want to swim often. Has this been a big issue for anyone?

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

I'm not too concerned about smells, water buckets, or having to show up for shows early because of small venues. However, my one concern would be the small size of the pool. We'll have our 3 kids with us who will want to swim often. Has this been a big issue for anyone?

I don't have kids myself, but I could definitely see that as a concern. There is no longer an aft pool. The forward pool is small and in the adults only Serenity section. I could see the mid-ship lido pool getting pretty crowded at times. However, Sunshine has a decent waterworks area that they'd probably enjoy (assuming they're of age).

Edited by seannyice81

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

I can understand your concern. When I was on Sunshine in Feb the pool was packed on sea days. However, during the early morning hours and evening there was hardly anyone in the pool. For the daytime hours they can enjoy the waterworks area.

We just got off the Sunshine Sunday. The pool is small and some days it looked more like a hot tub with all the kids wedged in to it. Saw one adult trying to swim laps early one morning. Had the pool to himself but 3-4 strokes and he would touch the wall.

A lot of the kids just hung out in the two whirlpools on the Lido deck or went back to the waterworks and slides. I tried the slides with my 11 year old sun and they were fun but I found my elbows got sore from hitting the joints at every section when I tried to prop my self up to see ahead.

The lack of the second pool should not make any difference based on what I could see

The pools seem to be filled with adults most of the time - regardless of size. And since they seem to rarely take potty breaks, we try to avoid them. We've never been on a cruise where you could do much swimming anyway. Although, we do think Royal Caribbean pools are nicer. My son, now age 14, has cruised since he was 5. He LOVES Waterworks and would choose that over a pool any day. A great place for the kids to make friends too.