Pride review w/ 23 month old and 4 year old

megann831

Just got back from the April 20th sailing. This had been our 1st cruise since having kids and the goal was to have a nice family vacation without the kids being too cranky. We accomplished it. If it was my husband and I we would have been disappointed. The ship wasn't the fanciest, the shows weren't the best and the schedule wasn't packed, although I did enjoy the family comedy, never made it up for the adult shows. The food was just ok and although many of the staff was great, it wasn't the friendliest I've met.

My 4 year old went to camp carnival after dinner while we'd go to the shows. She liked it, but didn't beg to go or refuse to leave. There were two women from the Philippines who were wonderful, the other woman was South African and I didn't get a warm fuzzy feeling from her. The 1st day she rushed me as I tried to help my son adjust. The only night she was there she called me after an 1 1/2 hours to tell me my daughter was fine but was asking to leave, it was the only night I got a call like that. I was able to pass my son off for 2, they never questioned it, but he was not interested in staying.

The kids loved the pool. When I saw other kids in there with swim diapers I let my son go too. If I didn't allow him in or had brought a baby pool, he wouldn't have been happy. They did drain the pool twice for something that looked like puke, but never had anything to do with the babies and everyone seemed to enjoy watching the little ones circle the pool over and over and over again.

We did Magic Kingdom at Port Canaveral. I was worried it would be too rushed, but it worked out fine and we got alot in. At Nassau we took a taxi ($25) to Melia and a $5 bus home. They loved the pool and the beach was nice, a bit too much seaweed though. Freeport was a nice morning. Did a little shopping, hung out at Senior Frogs and then to the pool. I couldn't justify spending $120 on a beach day I'd have to wake the kids up and drag them out of bed for.

Disembarkment was incredibly slow. We didn't get off the ship till 1:00. They did keep the food going, even lunch was served. Luckily we were able to get up top when it warmed up a bit and did some golf.

The kids also really enjoyed the music by the pool, golf, basketball, and the ice cream! It was a great family vacation, but not necessarily a great cruise.

We also were on the April 20th sailing of the Pride- and I agree with you totally about disembarkation- very slow! We were cruising with my mom and 8 year old son, both first time cruisers. My son was bored in camp carnival - I dropped him off for a scheduled activity, and when I picked him up an hour later(15 minutes past the scheduled finish time) they were still sitting on the rug in a circle like I left him, and the project hadn't started yet - he was disappointed in that, as was I. If its scheduled for that time, it should be done!

The food was plentiful and staff was pleasant. We enjoyed it overall ( except the rocky first morning!!)

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

• 1 year later...

Hi Megann831,

I came across this post while googling. I am taking my kids on the Carnival Dream this year (with my husbands work).

The cruise is less than a month before he turns 2! I was hoping to pass him off as 2 so he can go to the camp with his 3 year old sister. How did you accomplish this? It seems their birth certificate would be required with paperwork. I noticed you can't pre-register online if your child is under 2.

Any insight would be greatly appreciated! I hope you see this! 😝

We cruised in April, he would be 2 in May and my daughter was 4 in March. On any paper work or online registration I put March. I figured if anyone questioned it is play dumb and say I put my daughters month down instead. When we boarded we did give birth certificates but they didn't say anything. I kept up with the March birthday on board and no one said anything

We cruised in April, he would be 2 in May and my daughter was 4 in March. On any paper work or online registration I put March. I figured if anyone questioned it is play dumb and say I put my daughters month down instead. When we boarded we did give birth certificates but they didn't say anything. I kept up with the March birthday on board and no one said anything

That is so helpful!! Thank you!!

Hi! We are doing this itinerary on the Pride in June. We have a 4 year old and a 1 year old. I want to go to Melia in Nassau but am concerned about the taxi ride. How far is Melia from the cruise terminal? How was the taxi ride? I'm assuming you did not have car seats. Did you feel safe overall? Thanks--hopefully you can put my mind at ease about taking my young DDs on a taxi in a foreign country.

Also, did you have passports for your kids or just birth certificates? We were told by Carnival that only birth certificates were necessary but of course now I am questioning it. Any trouble getting back onboard with just birth cents?

Thank you :-)