Cozumel- Excursion

laujac

We just got back from the 7 day western cruise. We booked and took the Beach Break excursion on Cozumel and would highly recommend it! We were taken by motorcoach to Playa Sol. Included in the package were lounge chairs and umbrella at the beach, rafts for the water, open bar (which included "local spirits"... which turned out to be just about anything... we drank pina coladas, margaritas and Sol beer, which was very simlar to Corona) and a buffet lunch. The buffet was OK, it included hot dogs, chips and salsa, BBQ chicken, the fixins to make beef burritos and salad. Also at the place was a 4 ft ceramic tiled built- in pool. My kids actually spent more time in the pool than in the ocean! Lounge chairs were also available around the pool. Also at this resort were local merchants selling local crafts, hairbraiders (which had the best deal around-$45 for the entire head) etc. Disney charged $49 per adult and $39 per child. We priced this separately, and if we were to do it without the excursion it would have cost us an additional $20. So, for a change, the excursion price was actually cheaper. However, you can take a taxi to this resort on your own and not pay for the open bar and food and it would be cheaper. But, if you are looking for an "all inclusive day" it was well worth the price. Everyone that we spoke to that took the excursion with us...loved it!

On the flip side, we did not take an excursion on Grand Cayman... and we wish we now which that we had! After being tendered from the ship to the pier we waited about 15 minutes to be herded into an overcrowded taxi (more like a bus) and was charged $4 per person to be taken to the Marriott resort on the 7 Mile Beach. After 1 hour my kids had enough of the beach and wanted to go back to the ship. We waited well over 1/2 hour this time for the next taxi to fill it's seats before bringing us back to the pier (another $16). 7 Mile Beach was absolutely beautiful, but now knowing the ease of an excursion, I don't know that I would try and get to the beach alone to save cash. My time on vacation is well worth the extra money.

Disney Magic, 1999
Disney Magic, 2001
Disney Magic, 2002
Disney Magic, 2004

[img]http://static.vpptechnologies.com/2/60/F7/A8043B1F61E0644509871013DB1.jpg?[/img]

Archived