Use these ideas for room service, stop complaining

so, I notice quite a few posts about "room service doesnt offer hot stuff", or "why dont room service just charge a fee and offer more things".....

I have found room service to be all that I need it to be, an occasional late night sandwich when other options are closed.

I have a few ideas of how to make the most of room service. Post your own ideas below if you have them!!

1. order a turkey sandwich, order a BLT... put sandwich together to create a "club" sandwich. Split with your partner as it will be a huge sandwich.

or for a smaller sandwich, just ask to add bacon to your turkey sandwich.

2. Go to 24 hour pizza station, get your pizza, then order a salad from room service. Pizza and salad!

3. Order the PBand J... have it toasted, it will be warm and melty... enjoy with hot cocoa or milk and chips

4. Order the chocolate cake with milk. You can go to lido and get the 24 hour ice cream to add to it if your really in a sweet mood.

5. add turkey and tomatoe to the hot ham and cheese

6. add turkey or ham to your salad. I figure if you can order a sandwich then they should be able to put it on your salad. Get an order of cole slaw, fruit salad or potatoe salad for a "salad bar"

7. order bananna or fruit salad and yogurt. Make a parfait. (order cereal for a little crunch.) this is very filling.

8. order the chicken fajita wrap with a side or two of ranch for dipping. order it with chips and dip the chips too if you like.

9. Order cole slaw with your sandwich. Add to sandwich in place of lettuce.

10. For breakfast, you can order crossaints, so order a blt plain, without the bread, put it on a crossaint. (or i guess you could just ask for bacon on the side.

Have you guys tried any other combinations?

For breakfast I like to order a bagel and cream cheese and get the smoked salmon. Put the salmon on the bagel with cream cheese and makes for a gray breakfast sandwich.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

My husband and I have never had a problem with the room service menu. We love the grilled cheeses. It reminds me of velveeta.

I was 9 weeks pregnant on my last cruise and I was so excited that room service would bring me a plate of potato salad. I couldn't get enough of that potato salad.

You just quoted HAL's room service menu. If you want that kind of room service, you expect to pay for that kind of cruise. I just priced a cruise on HAL for a sailing leaving the day before our Dream sailing and it costs more than double. Yes, if I paid twice as much I'd expect salmon 24 hours a day. But considering you get what you pay for, I am happy with the tuna sandwich.

IMO, there's nothing wrong with the room service menu – it's not meant to provide a full-fledged lunch or dinner in your room (although it could be if you order enough). If people want that sort of thing, they should look into booking a different cruise line. Princess offers dinner on your balcony...but be prepared to pay for it.

Seems that some people expect Carnival's room service menu to be as extensive as an upscale hotel, but without the hefty price.

BTW, I thought the chocolate cake was outstanding.

Seems that some people expect Carnival's room service menu to be as extensive as an upscale hotel, but without the hefty price.

I can understand wishing it were better or offered more choices.

But to your point, don't expect a five-star restaurant menu at Applebee's

so, I notice quite a few posts about "room service doesnt offer hot stuff", or "why dont room service just charge a fee and offer more things".....

I have found room service to be all that I need it to be, an occasional late night sandwich when other options are closed.

I have a few ideas of how to make the most of room service. Post your own ideas below if you have them!!

1. order a turkey sandwich, order a BLT... put sandwich together to create a "club" sandwich. Split with your partner as it will be a huge sandwich.

2. Go to 24 hour pizza station, get your pizza, then order a salad from room service. Pizza and salad!

3. Order the PBand J... have it toasted, it will be warm and melty... enjoy with hot cocoa or milk and chips

4. Order the chocolate cake with milk. You can go to lido and get the 24 hour ice cream to add to it if your really in a sweet mood.

6. add turkey or ham to your salad. I figure if you can order a sandwich then they should be able to put it on your salad. Get an order of cole slaw, fruit salad or potatoe salad for a "salad bar"

7. order bananna or fruit salad and yogurt. Make a parfait. (order cereal for a little crunch.) this is very filling.

8. order the chicken fajita wrap with a side or two of ranch for dipping. order it with chips and dip the chips too if you like.

10. For breakfast, you can order crossaints, so order a blt plain, without the bread, put it on a crossaint. (or i guess you could just ask for bacon on the side.

I truly do appreciate the spirit in which this is posted. And some of your suggestions for different combos are good. However, room service is just that. Something brought to my room. I do not want to run around the ship gathering other ingredients to complete it. If I want a hot breakfast I go to the dining room. Room service to me is coffee, fruit, and smoked salmon in the morning on my balcony and nary a complaint have I uttered. ;)

I too am one that has no complaints about Carnival's room service menu. We usually get one of everything and chow down on our balcony. We usually book late seating for the MDR on our cruises so we often use room service during the day if we need a snack to hold us over until dinner at 8. We also have used room service after we have come back to the room from a late night and want a midnight snack. Love the chocolate cake! I usually order two blts and put them together to make one big one. YUM!:D So no, no complaints here!:D

You just quoted HAL's room service menu. If you want that kind of room service, you expect to pay for that kind of cruise. I just priced a cruise on HAL for a sailing leaving the day before our Dream sailing and it costs more than double. Yes, if I paid twice as much I'd expect salmon 24 hours a day. But considering you get what you pay for, I am happy with the tuna sandwich.

Good point!

Thank you for your ideas...good ones to try. We're really not big on ordering room service, but then, we don't eat in our bedroom at home! :)

The only thing we've ever ordered was chocolate chip cookies one night on our last cruise. They came highly recommended on here, but I didn't like them very much. Hard and dry.

But if you like room service, I can't think of anything wrong with their menu.

Carnival does have salmon on their breakfast menu which is what I was referring to if your talking to me. I'm fine with carnivals menu.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

Can you order breakfast for dinner? I'd love to order toast and fruit for dinner instead of something heavy in the MDR!

62A3E603-7A66-4F5C-9E63-9AEB6207FF5F_zpsn4khds3g.jpg

i like room service on my carnival cruise :) im a single mom who raised 3 kids on my hourly pay, we would never have been in a situation where i could order room service and afford it , so maybe thats why i like ordering it on a cruise, i dont expect 5 star and ive never had anything that tasted terrible and my kids loved it on our cruises too.

food is subjective , so are people. its one thing to think there should be upgrades and have a plan for them its another to not like whats there and to not like other peoples ideas. most importantly its great that we have choices and people to share our ideas with.

Personally I LOVE your ideas. I never thought of doing this, you're so smart. Thank you so much for sharing them. Makes me look at other things I can invent that my DH & I can order & eat for lunch or breakfast on our Balcony. I defenately will be using a few of them on my future cruise in Nov. # 1, 5 & 6 for sure. Thanks again. Anna. Btw I love your screen name cause that's me too. :D