LIVE - Royal Princess Transatlantic & Baltic day by day

GweninTX

We did this TA and Baltic cruise last May on the Emerald. Your review has brought back so many memories, Thanks for all the time you put into it. The Baltics are amazing.
We did the Baltics on the Emerald last year and we also relived that cruise. It is unfortunate that the Royal can't cruise up the Stockholm Archipelago :(. The five hours in and out offered such fantastic views. We spend much of that time on the balcony enjoying the sights and having an adult beverage or two :) DW's Swedish grandparents lived on a lake in Minnesota and the houses there had boat houses down by the water just like in the Archipelago. The two areas looked so similar.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Absolutely loved your thread! We were on these cruises with you and it was great to re-live it, day-to-day. Very thorough and accurate reporting.

One tiny correction (not because I'm a nit-picker but because you value accuracy): The party band, Spectrum, is from the North of England. The lead singer Jen has a very thick accent, but it's not Russian. We enjoyed them tremendously and spoke to them out on deck on several occasions. She has a nice alto voice and doesn't do the screeching diva routine. But next to food, musical entertainment is probably the most subjective thing on a cruise ship and I could understand that they're not everyone's cuppa tea.:D

Looking forward to your future reports!

Thanks! And you know that band grew on us more and more after 26 days. The female lead singer had such enthusiasm and she really tried to keep everyone on the dance floor!

• 1 month later...
Thanks! And you know that band grew on us more and more after 26 days. The female lead singer had such enthusiasm and she really tried to keep everyone on the dance floor!

Hi Gwen - I appreciated reading your review as we will be on the Royal in August. Do you know/remember if they had a Russian folk dancers show on the boat on the first night in SPB? Thanks!

Just got off the Royal Princess on July 6th...The folk dance show was the first night in St. Petersburg. Good show..don't miss!
If it is the same as last year, they will replay the folk dance show on the cabin TV the next day/evening.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Hi Gwen - I appreciated reading your review as we will be on the Royal in August. Do you know/remember if they had a Russian folk dancers show on the boat on the first night in SPB? Thanks!

Yes and it was very good! So don't miss even if you are as tired as we were!o