Carnival Elation 10/09/14 WEDDING and Cruise - with CHILDREN

brittknee

HEY! I'm excited about my first cruise! We will have a shipboard wedding on the carnival Elation and then sailing! We will have our 6 year old and 3 year old with us. I need tips! What are must haves to bring and what are must do's? What cabins are good to stay in for noise reduction and close to everything (since the little ones get tired of walking). I'm looking at the OV rooms right now. Also, I've noticed on Carnival's website that some of the rooms say category 2 upgrade. What does this mean? It shows a fun select or early saver option.THANKS!!

HEY! I'm excited about my first cruise! We will have a shipboard wedding on the carnival Elation and then sailing! We will have our 6 year old and 3 year old with us. I need tips! What are must haves to bring and what are must do's? What cabins are good to stay in for noise reduction and close to everything (since the little ones get tired of walking). I'm looking at the OV rooms right now. Also, I've noticed on Carnival's website that some of the rooms say category 2 upgrade. What does this mean? It shows a fun select or early saver option.THANKS!!

Congratulations!! It will be a wonderful time. :)

I can't really help with the must haves/must do's with kids, but staying in an OV on the Main or Rivera Decks are a good location. Mid-ship is good and those floors are quiet - not lots of busy area above or below. You aren't close to everything, because you're on lower decks, but the elevators are always close by. I would also book early saver, you can choose your specific room and get $ back or on board credit if they lower the rates.